Was it a date i just had with her?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:10 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

silentone135
    Participant
    July 2, 2014 at 12:35 pm #56728

So i’m a little lost on this one. I started talking to a old friend on facebook again after like 15 + years. She is divorced with 2 kids now. We had been talking for like a week and one day I said “hey, what does your schedule look like next week? She told me what days she was working and I said to her “ok it would be cool for us to go to dinner after I get out of work Monday sound good?” she said yes. We pick a outdoor play to go to and a picnic. I figured we where just getting some stuff at the place. She ends up bringing everything for it. blanket, grapes cheese that she took the time to cut up a few different kinds, as well as a few kinds of crackers and a bottle of chilled white wine. We eat by the water talk and laugh a lot. Finish off the wine and go up to the play. Had a great time at the play talked a bit more as we left. I walked her to her car talked laughed and said good night with a hug. So stupid question, was that a date or normal and I just don’t know it?

0ldhag
    0ldhag
    Participant
    July 2, 2014 at 6:38 pm #56730

What’s the point in figuring out what is was? Sounds like you both had fun. Ask her out again, and just go with the flow rather than analyzing it.

jessica172
    Participant
    July 3, 2014 at 4:28 pm #56754

Ask her out again, her reply will only answer you..

SBSD
    Participant
    July 5, 2014 at 3:01 am #56782

yep

Anonymous
    July 5, 2014 at 6:33 am #56791

you should show your sincerity so that the girl will have to trust you.

Noobie123
    Participant
    July 24, 2014 at 9:00 pm #58196

Yes

jet8419
    Participant
    August 11, 2014 at 9:21 pm #59222

Try asking her out again.

kajla00007
    Participant
    August 14, 2014 at 5:51 am #59436

no, it was not a date. Its just a normal meeting dear.

8and8
    Participant
    August 14, 2014 at 10:53 am #59446

In my opinion it is a little odd to go out with a single woman and not have it established before meeting, whether or not it is a date. Dinner is usually a date unless otherwise specified. The best way to find out is to ask her on a date. Then you’ll know for sure.

KlickBack23
    Participant
    August 15, 2014 at 11:21 pm #59496
    Reply To: Was it a date i just had with her?

It depends on how you feel.

ebrooklynkid
    Participant
    August 18, 2014 at 8:48 am #59490

If this wasn’t a date then next time make it one. Simple as that.

lovebug1
    Participant
    August 20, 2014 at 2:56 am #59699

Sure sounds like it to me. But at the same time, the problem is that there is so much emphasis on whether or not that a date is a date that no one gets anywhere anymore. I’ve had a similar situation happen to me once and I thought it was a date. She prepared all these things, had her hair done and dressed to impress. In the end she was just doing all these things because that’s just who she was. She was surprised when I told her that she was pretty. She said that it wasn’t a date. Women play games. They do it all the time. Who knows what she wants! Perhaps it’s just a way for her to feel sexy and needed again without having to do anything else or expect anything from you. I say just ask her out again. Have a nice night and then lean in for the kiss at the end. If she says no, then lose her number and forget about the woman.