Was it a right way to act?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:43 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

km_088
    Participant
    October 16, 2015 at 2:46 am #86940

Hi,
    im 26 and i’ve some experience with women, had a few pretty much short lasting relationships, but almost every was probably not the righ one (in terms i’d really care about). Besides others In cca 20 i’ve dated a friend from basic school and i really cared about her…but then i’ve had some pretty serious health issues, that i’ve never told anybody about (except the doctors), because in that time we’ve had a seriously ill aunt and i didnt want to make things ever worst. Anyway it led to end, not even proper, but somehow we’ve agreed without words…anyway ever since from that i’ve had a problems to get into serious relationship with i girl i really cared for (resp. i can imagine her as my wife etc.). When i didnt so much, then everything was ok. So my last rel. lasted from christmas ’14 to spring. She was a adult movies actress (which i’ve found pretty much later) and even though a pretty good person, definitely not a girl for me.

km_088
    Participant
    October 16, 2015 at 2:58 am #86941

From ’14 im a PhD student in out university and even though first year i havent met anyone, this semester things changed a lot. I’ve been given much more duties and of course – right. Lated i’ve been invited to our deans castle to a annual party – for top academics, teachers, etc., but also selected students…
    i’ve noticed one immediately, although she was surrounded with other students – both boys and girls, so i havent made any step, since it’s kinda weird to PhD to spend a time with ,,normal” students. So there’s definitely a barrier in between. Anyway, there was a band playing and im must admit, that im not much a dancer or party boy, so after a few conversations i’ve started to be bored etc. But then that girls came and asked me for a dance (im not sure if it was due to nobody better stood near or if she wanted to, but it wasnt because of she’d see any pluses in university from that – she didnt know who i’m at all). Then i’ve taken her to drink, which was ok….

km_088
    Participant
    October 16, 2015 at 8:40 am #86942

….we’ve talked, it showed she have similar taste in culture, she’s not stupid etc., and she’s gorgeous….but then showed my colleagues and started to chat with us and then some other and i’ve had no other option than communicate with them which led to her departure back to students. Then there was a lot of academic talking with other people, so i havent opportunity to talk to her again, because it was really late in the night and we’ve been leaving pretty soon. So i havent got her number or any contact at all, except the fact, she told me, her surname is the same as my friend (luckilly he’s 3times older than her – she’s 20), who had concert yesterday and she adores his music. So 2 days after i’ve contacted her through school email, since i didnt want to look like i stalk her and invited her to the concert. She responded she already has a tickets (she mentioned that she know the band members well) from a keyboard player, and that we’ll see there. Well, she showed with some friend….

km_088
    Participant
    October 16, 2015 at 8:43 am #86946

…luckily a girl…but acted like she’s afraid of any meeting…came late, stood up somewhere behind me, in the pause moved somewhere immediately, after the show left to chat with the band member…i’ve spend some time behind the stage conversating and then left, since i though that it was no good chance to chat with her without approaching from behind and i didnt want to look like i’ve been sneaking behind their back…was that a big fail? I was looking for a chance a whole evening, but there wasnt a chance to approach in a normal way 🙁
    i go to a party this evening, and she’ll be there too (and other cca 800 people), so in case i’ll met her, id probably act like i havent seen her yesterday and continue…if it is worthy anymore (was it ever?)….im not sure if she was just shy in front of her friend (she’s from the village and here we’re in a big city with different behaving patterns) or if she is not interested at all…anyway i’d appreciate any opinion or advice, thx!!!