Was she expecting me to say I like her?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 5:02 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Happy Joe
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 11:06 pm #51180

So I suspect one of my coworkers likes me but I’m not sure, I was going to tell her a personal joke today at work but I said, “I have something to tell you”. She smiled and asked, “what?” There were too many ppl around to tell her, so I said don’t worry about it, I’ll tell you later and sent her on her way. When she left I thought, “wait,” “I have to tell you something sounds like I’m going to confess I like her or something right?” About an hour later when there was no one there she came over and said, “you never told me what you had to tell me”! I got nervous because she looked like she was expecting me to tell her i like her, so I said, “don’t worried about it, it was just something stupid.” The expression on her face reminded me of a similar situation I was in with a girl that liked me, but I didn’t like her. She looked at me and said “I don’t care, tell me!” I replied, “its nothing bad but the moment is lost haha” with an upset face she said “really, you’re not telling me?”

Happy Joe
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 11:14 pm #51181

Then she said, “no matter, one of you friends will tell me”. Before she left I looked at her and told her bye beautiful, she giggled… I can’t deny I’m starting to gain interest in her but I’m fearful of rejection

Happy Joe
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 11:20 pm #51182

By the way i know this sounds like grade school crush stuff, but no! We are both in our early twenties.

Muff
    Participant
    April 12, 2014 at 6:38 pm #51186

hard to tell

singlemom
    Participant
    April 14, 2014 at 12:46 am #51189

Not sure

confusedandlost
    Participant
    April 15, 2014 at 7:16 pm #51298

She may be curious to know what was going through you mind, not every girl thinks that telling her something means confessing. She might think that you honestly just want to tell her a joke that only she may get. I would not automatically resort to her assuming you would confess. it may all be in your head. She may not think that you chickened out just because you didn’t say what you planned on in the first place. You thought too hard into the situation that now it is awkward, because one of your initiated the weirdness by not following through with the original intent.

Happy Joe
    Participant
    April 15, 2014 at 9:03 pm #51304

Hopefully she does not like because that makes it a lot easier for me to talk to her… I’ve suspected she has had feelings for me for a while based on the way she smiles/looks at me and hints from her friends, but she has not actually said anything flirty just asks me little random questions seemingly trying to initiate conversations, (she never used to smile or talk to me before ppl started telling me she was into me). She either smiles or giggles when I flirt with her and we always smile at each other when we make eye contact. I told her I thought she was very pretty and hinted that I might like her, then the next day she walked by my department like 4 times and said hey to me before I even knew she was there. Can I ask her if she likes me or just being friendly before I tell her i like her? Or should I just take initiative?