Was this rape?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Was this rape?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:44 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

SCO
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 8:13 pm #68508
    Was this rape?

I’m kind of a shy, introverted geeky guy. On holiday last year, I got very intoxicated on a club strip. Seperated from my friends, I was bombarded by club reps, until one forcibly took me by the arm and dragged me into a brothel.

I was spoken to by a women. Although I did not understand with much clarity her words, I could grasp the general idea of what it was she was saying… I.e pay for sex.

In my inebriated state, I can just remember thinking ‘ahh why not’ and handed over my card. Not entirely sure of what exactly it was I was paying for, nor how much it was costing.
    Sufficeth to say, it was a dispairing experience I deeply regret and am totally ashamed of. No way would I have ever done this if sober (or even just LESS drunk).

I know it’s stupid…. I got highly intoxicated, I handed over the card and I was hardly held at force against my will…. Yet to my mind, none of this amounts to clear consent. If only on ‘technicality’, this to me seems like rape of sorts.

Missat
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 10:02 pm #68509

I don’t know what that was. But it doesn’t sound right 🙁

Risa12
    Risa12
    Participant
    December 2, 2014 at 10:04 pm #68574

If you were drunk and the other parties were sober then yes it was rape because your judgment was impaired so you can’t ACTUALLY consent to sex. Unfortunately, the definition and parameters for rape differ from place to place, so proving anything could be difficult — especially if you paid for it and never said, “No.” Some places are now enforcing as “Yes mean Yes” policy rather than a “No means No” policy but they are still early in their development.