We broke up and he posted this on Instagram…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 11:47 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

JessicaJones55
    Participant
    September 7, 2017 at 7:11 pm #148548

We dated for a year, but just last week I ended things because I was feeling under valued and he needed to figure out what he wanted. It has since been a week of NC and he’s reached out once (I didn’t respond). He asked if I had watched a TV episode from a show we like (I’m sure just testing the water). Then today, he posted this on Facebook with a picture of an airplane window and clouds. He’s currently traveling for work.

“Life is legit so beautiful. You make exactly what you put in. I feel so lucky and blessed at the same time for the people I’ve been able to spend it with. Do work, let’s go.”

Um, what? Did he just move on?

EKane
    Participant
    September 8, 2017 at 11:10 am #148612

Sometimes you have to seize an opportunity never think someone will wait for you.

pizzaisawesome
    Participant
    September 9, 2017 at 1:45 pm #148671

Don’t analyze what you see on social media. Everyone wants to paint a picture of only the good moments in their lives. No one has a “quote perfect” or “picture perfect” life. Don’t do this to yourself. Go find yourself. Do some reflecting and share your talents with the world. You will see how many people appreciate you for helping them and giving them your time. In due time, you will meet someone who appreciate you for who you are. Whenever you feel like you’re lacking, give something good away – you will stop feeling empty. This is based on personal experience.

LeeBrando
    Participant
    September 9, 2017 at 5:48 pm #148673

He might be trying to provoke a reaction, and kinda half mean what he is saying there. People sometimes put stuff like that up and I think it’s totally corny.. blessed and all that… hah.. please

new to dating
    Participant
    September 9, 2017 at 10:41 pm #148676

i agree he might just be trying to get a response from you

JessicaJones55
    Participant
    September 12, 2017 at 7:50 am #148642

As in I shouldn’t wait on him?

Lindsay7894
    Participant
    September 12, 2017 at 9:28 am #148772

Sounds like he could be trying to get a reaction from you. Nobody can move on that fast unless he wasn’t feeling great in the relationship for a little while before you two broke up. If you’re trying to move on from him I’d just leave it, don’t take the bait.

MarieH
    Participant
    September 16, 2017 at 8:10 pm #149278

To me it sounds like he wants you to think he doesn’t care about the break-up but that he actually does care. If he truly wasn’t bothered, he wouldn’t have felt the need to post something like that.