We clicked, agreed to hang out, didnt respond to texts. Could use advice.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 6:37 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

holdengolden
    Participant
    January 30, 2014 at 7:40 pm #46965

I met this girl in class, we started talking and we most definitely clicked. We would talk a lot about our hobbies and passions. She’s pretty shy, I’ve always had to initiate and such but when I did she always kept eye contact and seemed genuinely interested. Otherwise she avoids me, never tries to initiate. WHICH IS WHY IM SO CONFUSED!

So eventually I summoned up enough courage to ask for her number and asked her to hang out. She said yes for that weekend. So I texted her sunday asking her to hang out, she said yes but told me she had to finish some stuff up and that she would let me know. Didnt hear from her. So after a week I tried again, not a direct text asking to hang out but just a Hey, no response. And tried ONE more time after that.

So my question is, she’s said yes to hanging out 3 times, twice in person and once in texts but doesnt answer back when i try to INITIATE conversation through text to meetup? Should I give up or should I try one more time?

jackson45
    Participant
    February 2, 2014 at 12:59 pm #47044

Try giving more specifics, like instead of “hey”, send something like, “hey, let’s hang later tonight”. By suggesting something, she’s more likely to respond

WalkByFaith5933
    Participant
    February 3, 2014 at 3:30 pm #47104

She may be the type of girl that doesn’t know how to turn down someone because she doesn’t want to hurt their feelings. But, you haven’t quite made it clear that you are interested. Asking a girl to “hang out” just sounds too casual. I “hang out” with my buddies, my family, my coworkers, etc. Just straight up ask her on a date. Offer to buy her dinner and do something that gives opportunity for conversation. If she’s not interested, this may give her enough motivation to tell you.

Walter1982
    Participant
    February 3, 2014 at 8:56 pm #47133

Like WalkbyFaith said…hanging out with someone is indeed way too casual. Asking her for a drink or ‘do something nice together’ perhaps, i see no harm in that.