We interact so litle beyond our own PC

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:22 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

chris_08
    chris_08
    Participant
    October 25, 2012 at 6:30 pm #15686

I’ve seen so many people turn to their computers for support when it comes to dating women. The blogs, articles and studies are the same every time. Dating has only changed because we depend on technology so much that we’ve become more scared to step away from our computers or mobile devices

hundtington
    hundtington
    Participant
    October 25, 2012 at 8:33 pm #15712

dating has changed becuase were all so confused about what our roles are supposed to be. Women don’t really know how to act anyomre because all the men are taking the backseat when it comes to approaching them.

robb432
    robb432
    Participant
    October 25, 2012 at 8:36 pm #15777

Blackbird glide, I understand where you’re coming from, but getting upset isn’t the way to interact with people who are convinced beyond being able to change that they’re right. You need to be tolerant of of how others feel about situations, respectfully disagree, and go your separate ways.

blackbird glide
    blackbird glide
    Participant
    October 25, 2012 at 8:36 pm #15764

Are you sad people for real? Gender typing is part of the reason there’s so much discord in our country right now! Assh0les like you, hundtington, are holding us women back and maintain those glass ceilings. And people like you, ChristianRhapsody, are the reason that people like hundtington keep perpetuating these poisonous mindsets. I mean, do you even *see* the language you’re using here? Women as “mothers and wives” but men as “fathers and workers?” You immediately negate women’s value in society by putting them below men in the hierarchy, never mentioning all the work that goes into being a mother!

Catalyst68
    Catalyst68
    Participant
    October 25, 2012 at 8:45 pm #15809

Besides, this thread is about being locked in a techno-box, not gender roles or whatever. it really is a shame that theres always such a filter between people. like you get to know them through texting than through actual real-life convos

chris_08
    chris_08
    Participant
    October 25, 2012 at 8:46 pm #15812

exactly! that’s what I mean. I hav esuch a hard time making myself sound like myself online

wtop0_0
    Participant
    October 25, 2012 at 9:08 pm #15813

back to what I think the first guy MEANT to talk about—we’ve become so conformed to stay behind a computer screen it’s a shame we can’t stand back and appreciate the things around us. I totally agree dating women has become a new “book” and others are willing to share their thoughts on blogs, but the best thing to do is trial and error with women in person!

blogitt_now
    Participant
    October 25, 2012 at 9:12 pm #15814

I do too. My friends all say i’m really funny and smart but i can’t help but think I sound like a total flake online

Casey12u2
    Participant
    December 21, 2014 at 8:08 am #69510
    Reply To: We interact so litle beyond our own PC

absolutely

Mary_Apple
    Mary_Apple
    Participant
    December 26, 2014 at 4:28 am #69624
    Reply To: We interact so litle beyond our own PC

And why it’s bad? Great people say “Turn everything into advantage”. Medal always has two sides, er? We can now almost immediately find people – old friends, distant relatives and even prospective wives and husbands. Our world moves so fast, that we should keep on track! Nowadays you can be at work and chat with a girl from another corner of the world. You can quickly find your soul-mate via specialized services. There’s no need in spending much time and then regretting of it. You immediately know, what is he/she, education, interests, life aims. People who haven’t experienced Internet dating always say that’s no good. Like old-fashioned orthodoxes. Don’t be dull! Let’s try new ways of communicating! Visit kovla.com for a begining and you won’t regret anymore. Good luck!