We met for coffee…like every dating advice article said to do

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:21 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

PeytonMan
    PeytonMan
    Participant
    January 7, 2013 at 1:10 pm #20075

Meeting for coffee didn’t go so well. A woman I met online and had been chatting for a few days (almost a week or two total) decided to drive 30 minutes to meet me at a coffee shop. She insisted we didn’t meet closer to her, although I felt bad it was only a 5 minute drive for me.
    Turns out she had her recent EX boyfriend drive her to our meet up. I was baffled, and in shock. Our date only lasted for 30 minutes until I made an excuse to leave for a soccer game with my kids.
    Anybody else have to deal with bizarre encounters? I obviously fell for a girl who had too much baggage, on our first date!!

scarlettjoe
    Participant
    January 9, 2013 at 11:48 am #20258

That’s wild! Did she try to contact you after? I’m curious how long had her ex and her been broken up? Guess it’s still no excuse to even MENTION to you who he was…very weird indeed.

kellyanne
    kellyanne
    Participant
    January 24, 2013 at 10:49 am #21082

That is pretty weird. The only thing I could say to defend that is assume her ex bf and her are trusting friends and she was willing to expose that by letting you know that’s who her ride was. She might’ve wanted to start by being honest and see if you would run off, guess you did.

JamesP1994
    Participant
    March 29, 2015 at 1:09 pm #76254

My ex took me to a restaurant she knew her ex boyfriend was working at. I didn’t know at the time and I & ordered a drink at the bar, turns out I was served by him.