We should be perfect, but he's hot and cold…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    May 5, 2018 at 10:33 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

LikeHoney78
    Participant
    February 28, 2018 at 6:29 pm #166630

About 6 weeks ago, I met a guy online and we hit it off instantly. We have all the same interests, right down to our favorite movies and music. We both have kids from previous relationships, and he lives over an hour away. This makes it hard to see each other more than once a week at most. We have amazing chemistry, great sex, and we love to cuddle. He says that this long distance is really hard on him, and I can see that he’s becoming depressed. I would like to see him more, and want this to become more. I can see myself living with him at some point, but it just takes a little time to make that happen.

When we go our separate ways after a night together, for for the next 2 or 3 days he will be very quiet and distant. He now says he needs time to think, and doesn’t know what to do about us. We both took down our dating profiles, because we know we’re not going to find anyone else like *us*. I’m honestly falling in love with him, and don’t know how to handle this. Advice?

olivia54
    Participant
    March 2, 2018 at 6:55 pm #166766

This is a bit of a tricky one.. so you met him about a month and a half ago and live more than an hour away from each other. Are you in contact a lot e.g. texting? I know the feeling when they become distant for a couple days – it’s incredibly frustrating. I believe that if a guy wants something badly enough nothing will stop him, on the other hand I don’t want to make you think he’s not into you since he clearly is. It’s really difficult when negative mental states get into the mix, do you think he’s becoming depressed because he doesn’t see you or is it something else? I mean, if you see him on average about once a week, maybe you could ride on that for a bit longer, throw in some long weekends away together and fun dates until it’s acceptable to start thinking about moving closer? Have you also talked to him about just how much you like him? Sorry for not being of much help :/ I hope you figur
    e it out!

GreatCreator
    Participant
    March 4, 2018 at 9:31 am #166782

Keep it up front with him.Ask him where he wants to go with you two interactions.Being uofront like that would safe you both some time and effort