We used to text everyday

DATING ADVICE FORUM

We used to text everyday

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:30 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

abby
    Participant
    January 14, 2017 at 11:12 am #123055
    We used to text everyday

So I met this guy on Tinder, he was a tourist by then. We texted everyday day but we never met up. He went back to his hometown and we keep texting everyday. Recently I found out that he actually started dating a girl he met in my local area after we started texting, he and the girl met up and the girl showed him around the local area. He said he is sorry he did not tell me sooner and thought we are just friends. Now he Skype his new girlfriend almost everyday and watch movie online together. But he also expressed that he still want us to remain friends,we haven’t talked for a few days now, what should I do now?
    (He is not the kind of guy that flirts around and he has few friends)

masondixonlines
    Participant
    January 14, 2017 at 1:31 pm #123057

I wonder what your intentions are? Were you planning to actual meet him now he’s back in his hometown?

MizzKat15
    MizzKat15
    Participant
    January 14, 2017 at 7:57 pm #123064

Hi! Okay so first off I think you need to ask yourself what do you want out of the guy? Like the previous person asked what are your intentions? He has a new girlfriend and if he thinks you guys are just friends it is normal for him not to talk as much with you, I mean he just recently started a new relationship. If you see him as just a friend then be a friend talk from time to time, but if you wanted or still want a romantic relationship with the guy do not waste your time. Especially if he just sees you as a friend. It’d be easier to move, just my two cents. Best of luck!

cbb51
    cbb51
    Participant
    January 16, 2017 at 12:52 am #123079

In my opinion he iskeeping you on the hook. He has a stable relationship but is always nice to have a back up plan.
    You deserve better. Don’t be anyone second choise.

popkinz456
    Participant
    January 16, 2017 at 4:21 pm #123191

Let him go. Long distance relationships in my experience don’t work out. Mine lasted almost 3 years but something always messes them up.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    January 18, 2017 at 10:08 pm #123604

what you should do depends on what it is you wnat from this.

1. Just friends. Just keep doing what you’re doing and let the frienship develop
    2. More than friends (aka romantic). I doubt you will achieve this as a) he told you he doens’ see you that way, and b) he decided to be with somebody else during the same time he met you. so he has obivulsy communicated he sees the other person more as a gf for him.

If #2 is not something you can handle, then the best move is to move on and drop communications with him and spend your energies elsewhere and noticing other guys instead of a guy who isn’t choosing to notice you (in that way).

Sorry… 🙁