We Were Solid for a Year and Now This.  Help?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

We Were Solid for a Year and Now This. Help?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:45 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

icanpotato
    icanpotato
    Participant
    September 27, 2015 at 7:55 am #86003
    We Were Solid for a Year and Now This. Help?

A year and some time ago, I was at work when this girl walked up to me and told me I looked like Ed Sheeran and wanted a selfie with me. We exchanged Instagram info and went on our way. One thing led to another and we swapped numbers. She “chased” me for about 2 months before I came-to and noticed how great of a fit we are. It was when we first kissed that I realised that I’m hooked on her & by the way she looked at me, I knew she felt the same.
    We talked via FaceTime and text every single day & despite the 20 miles (45 minutes) distance and her not having a car yet, we made time for each other as often as possible. About a month ago, all changed. She got distant and wouldn’t tell me why. After a week she told me her mom (divorced 4 times) has caused issues with past relations and that because I’m the greatest she’s had, losing me would hurt the most. It’s been a month and she’s been slowly less receptive. I’m in love with her and I want this to work but I don’t know how to fix this

icanpotato
    icanpotato
    Participant
    September 27, 2015 at 8:04 am #86004

EXTRA:

She’s made mention that no other guy before me as treated her the way that I do and that she really wants a future with me. She seems scared to me. Maybe I’m the first guy she’s ever been in love with? I just don’t understand how she can go from staying in constant contact with me for so long and just abruptly stop. I’ve tried texting her to reason but I feel like I’ve done more harm. I haven’t sent her negative messages but rather supporting ones. Should I stop talking to her and see where that takes me? Give her all the space she apparently needs? It’s hard to believe that someone can be so into another and then not have strong feelings. We have such a strong connection that it seems a waste to give up.

That said, her birthday is in two months and I’ve already bought her gifts. I’m hoping that things change in two months and that I can take her out on an amazing date but in the event that isn’t the case, how should I give her the gifts?

icanpotato
    icanpotato
    Participant
    September 28, 2015 at 8:15 am #86005

Lastly; there doesn’t seem to be any indication of another guy in the picture at all. At least none that I can tell from her social networks.