DATING ADVICE FORUM

We were talking multiple times a day & now he's gone quiet

Author
    Comments

• soimetaguy
    Participant
    October 27, 2016 at 5:33 pm #115633
    We were talking multiple times a day & now he's gone quiet

So, I met this guy on an anonymous chat app almost 2 weeks ago, the weekend of October 15/16. This app is … adult in nature & we both agreed we didn’t want to share our real names / photos / etc. We “had fun” all weekend and it progressed to Snapchat – I created a fake account solely to talk to him on there. I would wake up in the morning to a message from him, we’d have some fun at some point during the day, and usually again later at night. This was pretty steady until last Friday, so basically about a week. We even progressed to Snapchat audio calls, and showed each other partial shots of our faces. Nothing unusual happened, we kept talking and having fun, and then this week I only started hearing from him about once a day, usually to apologize for missing me the night before.. But like I said, nothing had happened to change our original “relationship.”

soimetaguy
    Participant
    October 27, 2016 at 5:33 pm #115634

MORE:

Anyway, 2 nights ago I got really fed up and logged onto the original chat app we met on under another different name – he was logged in and I said hello to him, we chatted for a couple of minutes and he sent me a photo of his face. I logged out & switched to my original name but I didn’t realize the app would tell him it was still me. So he blocked me on the original app. I snapchat messaged him and apologized, told him that things have been rough with me lately & i just really enjoyed our “adult fun” time together and wanted to tell him who i really was. He was fine with that, I told him my name & even switched our convo over to my real Snapchat account. We had fun that night, but he didn’t want to audio chat which is odd because it was him who originally would ask for it. I as usual sent the last communication that night and he wrote back in the morning.

soimetaguy
    Participant
    October 28, 2016 at 9:05 am #115635

FINAL:

I responded to him telling him I had a quick question for him, he wrote back a couple of hours later asking what, I sent him the question last night. I saw he opened the snap this morning and didn’t respond, for the first time ever. So i wrote back & asked him my question, just about something we had discussed and if he had some time this weekend. He hasn’t wrote back yet. Now that he knows my real name I don’t want to seem too desperate but I am so attracted to this guy & just want things to go back to what they were when we first met, fun and that’s it, nothing serious, no commitment.

Any advice? I know this is a really odd situation but I literally cannot get this guy out of my mind and I’m not sure what to do. I don’t want to turn him off or scare him away any more but I just cant seem to let this go.

soimetaguy
    Participant
    October 28, 2016 at 9:05 am #115639

I saw he opened the snap this morning and didn’t respond, for the first time ever. So i wrote back & asked him my question, just about something we had discussed and if he had some time this weekend. He hasn’t wrote back yet. Now that he knows my real name I don’t want to seem too desperate but I am so attracted to this guy & just want things to go back to what they were when we first met, fun and that’s it, nothing serious, no commitment.

Any advice? I know this is a really odd situation but I literally cannot get this guy out of my mind and I’m not sure what to do. I don’t want to turn him off or scare him away any more but I just cant seem to let this go.

Harry Wilmington
    Harry Wilmington
    Participant
    October 29, 2016 at 8:56 am #115753

Have you actually met with this guy in person? If not, why not?