Wearing gloves in the gym or leave it with calluses

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:21 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

chipdip
    Participant
    November 14, 2012 at 3:27 pm #16153

I like weightlifting and I venture to the gym frequently. Something I noticed though, when I shake hands with my female friends and gay friends, they either frown their eyebrows and look at their hands or make a comment.

Is it not attractive? I sort of like showing that I am a hands-on guy but I don’t want to scare anyone off. Should I bother wearing gloves?

WiseOnWhiskey
    WiseOnWhiskey
    Participant
    November 14, 2012 at 3:58 pm #16159

I’m guessing you do wear gloves?

chipdip
    Participant
    November 14, 2012 at 4:28 pm #16170

No, I don’t. I’m asking if I should start wearing them. Do people find it more attractive to shake hands with someone who has smooth palms or am I’m ok with the calluses I have now?
    I could buff them out and pick them with tweezers if I really want to, I’ve done i before because my sister was the first to say something.

WiseOnWhiskey
    WiseOnWhiskey
    Participant
    November 16, 2012 at 11:07 am #16447

I’d say i all matters on the reactions you’re getting. Do you care what your female friends or gay friends think?

chipdip
    Participant
    November 29, 2012 at 3:24 pm #17684

Hey sorry I didn’t reply, thanks for listening. I decided o start wearing gloves to the gym every now and then. I’m getting a better workout anyway and also protecting my hands. They’re not as callusy anymore so I feel better about myself.

Thanks.