Weird Date with a Foreign Girl – Mixed Signals

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:07 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

victor15
    Participant
    November 25, 2015 at 2:58 am #88982

So I met this Russian girl at a party and hit things off with her. I got her number before she left, and then met her and her friend at a bar later where we vibed real well, but was a little hard to make a move because her friend was 3rd wheeling. Definitely made a good impression on both of them that night. Then I text her to meet up and she wanted to but a couple days before gave a weird excuse to move back is hanging out. One time it was because she was studying, the other was that she was upset she didn’t get a car and wanted to stay home. The day after that last one she comes to pick me up to go to lunch and she’s driving a decked out Mercedes that she awkwardly said was hers when I asked. Not sure if she got it that day or the day before or if it was just a bs excuse. This is a college town, so I’m confident it was ok I was wearing jeans and a nice Patagonia pullover. She was real dressed up but said she was at a interview and went on a short rant about all of her interviews.

victor15
    Participant
    November 25, 2015 at 3:05 am #88983

The entire date from the beginning was awkward, and we ended up just getting chipotle and cookies on a short walk before her friend called her and said she needed to come home immediately. Not sure if she planned that or not, but we didn’t even eat the food together. I texted her a few days later to hang out and got an “ok sure, I’m busy tonight though” type of response. Didn’t talk after that until she added me on snapchat today and we exchanged a couple snapchats. I look at her snapchat story a little later and she posts a photo of some dessert and flowers with a caption “when you’re on a date with a Russian guy.” She added me and exchanged snaps while she was on the date! So confusing how she would reach out to me after we pretty much broke contact. We don’t have mutual friends or anything either, so adding on social media wasn’t through a friend, but she searched for and added me… During a date. If it was such a good date, based on her snapchat story posted a little after I snapchatted her, why did she add me in the first place? She was in Russia til college, but I can’t figure out if this is cultural differences or what.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  victor15.
    • This reply was modified 2 years ago by  victor15.