Weird Love Triangle Situation

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 3:19 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Lol234
    Participant
    July 17, 2016 at 4:12 am #105503

So there’s this guy I have been in a relationship for almost one year, with our anniversary coming in a couple of weeks. We’ve been through a lot together, both good and bad times, but somehow we’ve managed to pull it through. There has been a problem surrounding our relationship that I have been worried about during this whole time. He told me a couple months into our relationship that there was this cross-dresser that he met on Facebook five years ago when he started dating. My boyfriend did not really have much feelings for him, but stayed in the relationship because he noticed that his ex was rather emotional, and was worried that he might kill himself. But they got into a fight, which led to my boyfriend getting blocked and not being able to communicate with his ex for the next 2 months. He accepted that they’re relationship was over, but then the ex unblocked him, and wanted to make up to him. My boyfriend didn’t trust him, because he changed his profile information during …

Lol234
    Participant
    July 17, 2016 at 4:18 am #105504

… The time that his ex unblocked him. It made him suspicious that his ex wanted him with an “ulterior motive” so he did his best to stay away from his as possible and sought for other guys. During those years, his ex has been trying his best to win my current boyfriend back. My boyfriend acknowledges that the ex loves him, but can get pretty annoyed when they start having arguments, when the ex gets dramatic. My boyfriend loves me the most, because I was the first person who showed sincerity into our relationship, listened to his problems, and cared about him. His ex seems to be very infatuated with him, even though he clearly never liked him, but I feel bad because he seems so dedicated and he met my current boyfriend five years before I did. It’s the guilt you get when ruining someone else’s relationship or homewrecking. We cannot tell him that my boyfriends in a new relationship, because it was a former long distance relationship, which makes it difficult to prevent any attempts..

Lol234
    Participant
    July 18, 2016 at 8:56 am #105505

… of suicide. What would be the best decision?

My boyfriend suggests that if we ever get married (which is like after I graduate in the next 4 years), we travel all the way to visit his ex, and comfort him until we’re sure he’s not going to end his life. However, I’m worried as more time passes on, he is going to become more likely to end his life for waiting so long.

Or should we just tell him now?

Am I in the wrong for taking on the role of becoming my boyfriend’s partner, even though there seems to have been someone obsessing about him for years that I did not know about?

Lol234
    Participant
    July 18, 2016 at 8:56 am #105506

of Suicide?

Lol234
    Participant
    July 23, 2016 at 9:33 pm #106342

Is someone able to give me some feedback?

Lol234
    Participant
    July 28, 2016 at 5:54 pm #106823

What’s wrong with discussing it right here?