Weird Situation

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Weird Situation

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:33 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

thedude1234
    Participant
    March 11, 2015 at 5:06 pm #75218
    Weird Situation

Background: This girl and I have known each other our whole lives. Our families are friends, but when we were kids we didn’t really talk to each other because we were both fairly shy. Fastforward a few years, and we end going to college together. In the beginning we’d see each other around and kind of nod and smile. Eventually, we ended up with mutual friends and actually becoming friends by the time we graduated. I thought she was cool and attractive, but never thought of her as more than a friend since by the time we became friends she already had a pretty serious boyfriend (someone I was friends with, but not close with).
    Summer after graduation, turns out they break up – but mostly because they didn’t want to do long distance and she was going to grad school in a different state. I live far from her, but the two of us actually kept in touch and actually talk fairly frequently now, and now that I know she is single, I find myself falling for her. But there are a few problems…

thedude1234
    Participant
    March 11, 2015 at 5:09 pm #75221

(cont’d) 1. I live far from her as well – other side of the country. and 2. I have no idea where the old boyfriend fits into things. Their breakup wasn’t bad, it was purely because they weren’t going to be living close to each other anymore. But they were very close and I suspect that they may get back together(I may be paranoid) or at the very least, that they still have feelings for each other. It’s been about 8 months since I’ve heard of their breakup but I have no idea what’s happened since, and I don’t feel comfortable just asking her.
    Me and her still text/facebook a lot, but it’s hard for me to tell how flirty she’s actually being because her general personality is very sarcastic. So I don’t know if she’s just joking around or actually interested. So I have no idea.
    All this is to say, that considering I live nowhere near her either, and that I have no idea what’s with the old BF, I am in a weird place where I can’t really make a move, but also don’t know how to proceed.

Dontbeniceanymore
    Dontbeniceanymore
    Participant
    March 18, 2015 at 10:47 pm #75629

Dude,

Be a man, take a risk, and tell her that you are interested in her. At this moment you are only long distance friends what can be worse? You don’t have nothing to lose, and you could win everything.

The worst thing you can’t do, is do nothing and let things happen. Instead of looking your life from backstage, step in and enjoy your life.

Take a chance

Anonymous
    March 19, 2015 at 4:27 am #75633

You should establish communication to your partners so that you will have talk for a possibility and solution for that problem.

Anonymous
    March 21, 2015 at 7:25 pm #75785

You should begin corresponding with her on a regular basis, and see if she is willing to keep it up; she may be become more interested in you as time goes by, and you may be able to take it a step further with her then.