Went on a date with a guy who did it on a dare. Anybody else have awful stories?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Went on a date with a guy who did it on a dare. Anybody else have awful stories?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:29 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

KrispyPorter
    Participant
    November 4, 2012 at 2:17 pm #15754

I was on a date with this guy I met on OK Cupid, he seemed really cool and really interesting. We talked about beer and good food, things I really love, and it seemed like we were really clicking.

After dinner we took a walk around the block, and I shyly reached for his hand. He snatched it away and said, “that’s gay. I don’t do that stuff.” And I said, “What, you mean hold hands?” He said, “no, I mean I’m not gay.” He told me his buddies had bet him $50 he wouldn’t go on a date with another guy.

It was terrible, especially since we were in public and he was making a spectacle. So I just turned away and walked home.

WiseOnWhiskey
    WiseOnWhiskey
    Participant
    November 4, 2012 at 2:56 pm #15761

Wow, that is really bad.

I went on a date with a tranny once. It was awful. I mean, I guess some people are okay with that, but something about being on a date with a man who used to be a woman is just kind of weird to me. I’m not a hater, I just don’t think I could do it, just like some people can’t date vegetarians or whatever.

Anyway, we had just gotten back to his place after a really nice dinner and we were going at it. Like really getting into it,and it was great. He seemed to know exactly what I wanted and I was getting excited, so I reached for his belt buckle. He stopped me and told me I couldn’t go there. I asked why. He said because I wouldn’t find what I was expecting, then told me that he liked me a lot and wanted to see me again, but that he had to tell me something. Then it all came out, so to speak. I was pretty shocked. I guess he hadn’t finished his operations yet.

Anonymous
    November 9, 2012 at 4:57 pm #15801

eugh that sucks.

lol the first date I ever went on was with this really cute girl, but when she tried to kiss me I realized I didn’t want anything with a vagina that close to me.

who knew_56
    who knew_56
    Participant
    November 15, 2012 at 4:58 pm #16379

One time I decided to go on a date with someone I kinda knew through some friends. He was pretty good looking and we’d talked before, so I figured it might be fun, and if it wasn’t, at least it was a night out. So we go to this cutsey little thai place and have an okay time chatting about our parents and stuff, then he takes me to a movie, which I’m never crazy about, because its always so boring, the dinner-and-a-movie thing when your just starting to get to know sombody.

Okay, so, dinner, movie, next step would be a quick coffee or drink or somethign and I was just about to suggest that when he grabs my hand and says, wait, we have to go now, I have an appointment for us. And now I’m getting kind of excited, bc this sounds so different from the only kinda interesting guy I’d been talking to before.

He takes me to this office complex, and i’m starting to get a little suspicious, then we go upstairs…and it’s a weight-loss products meeting. A whole bunch of his smarmy salesman friends and him tried to get me to buy them from him, but when I said I wasn’t interested, he made me sit through a presentation on how I could be one of them with a $1000 registration fee, and then I could sell the products too and make tons of money.

I was out of there so fast I got whiplash.

whatno
    whatno
    Participant
    November 30, 2012 at 5:44 am #17735

Oh my gosh. That was pretty hard to read. I’m sorry that happened to you. You should have at least made it into a good time. I’m sure it was pretty awkward, but perhaps you could have had fun anyways.

chipdip
    Participant
    November 30, 2012 at 12:03 pm #17787

Here’s one: I met up with a date from an online dating site and it was just plain awkward but we both tried to play it off and continued the date by leaving dinner and shooting some pool. He ended up knowing a few people at the pool hall and slowly but surely started hanging out with them, didn’t introduce me to them and eventually sat down to have a beer with them-he said he was gonna be “right back”

I dipped. Not worth my time-he didn’t have the guts to just call it off.

DerekJ
    DerekJ
    Participant
    December 20, 2012 at 2:44 pm #19190

ouch, that blows. sorry to hear.