Went on a date with guy from tinder…now what?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:06 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

azgirl201
    Participant
    October 25, 2015 at 6:24 pm #87348

I messaged a guy on tinder, and it turned into us talking for about a month on there. Sometimes he would take a long time to reply, maybe a few days, but he always messaged me back. after a month, I asked if he wanted my number, and he said “I would very much like that”. In our conversation one day, he asked me out, and we ended up getting a beer and walking downtown. the date went VERY good. he drove me to my car after, and said “I wish the drive was longer”. then he got out of the car, went to my side, and gave me a huge hug, and then we stood there for a moment, and it seemed like he wanted to kiss me. I texted him afterwards and said I had a good time on the date, that we should do it again, and he agreed. On the date, he told me his dad got into a bad accident the week before our date, and he was going to take care of him the next week. I’ve texted him since, and he said his dad is doing okay, and we talked a little, then he stopped replying. What should I do now?

Mirski
    Participant
    October 25, 2015 at 8:25 pm #87350

He’s probably worried about his father, I would ask about his father’s condition if I were you. Show him that you care, at least that’s how i see it 🙂

azgirl201
    Participant
    October 25, 2015 at 10:30 pm #87358

I actually did ask him about his dad, and I told him I hoped he was doing okay. I texted him that last week to try to show him I care, which I really do, but he didnt say much.

Tank123
    Participant
    October 26, 2015 at 7:36 pm #87418

I would definitely wait a little bit before texting him again. let him deal with what needs to be done, and allow him to know that you are still there for support, but not in an overly aggressive way

Coolwhip
    Coolwhip
    Participant
    October 27, 2015 at 7:02 am #87433

Maybe hes in a bit of an emotional rut. Between his family and other things in his life. Maybe he is just forgetting to take care of himself. If know a place that he frequents. Maybe try to casually run into him there. Don’t go overboard but its another way to spark things back up I think. (if you run into each other)

Paulstev
    Participant
    October 27, 2015 at 9:18 am #87438

I would definitely wait a little bit before texting him again. let him deal with what needs to be done, and allow him to know that you are still there for support, but not in an overly aggressive way

+1
    Give him a bit of time to process this so he can be more available for you.
    Meanwhile just keep going on tinder, don’t focus too much on him.

rj6224
    Participant
    October 28, 2015 at 10:46 am #87514

Give him sometime

azgirl201
    Participant
    October 28, 2015 at 12:41 pm #87533

I’ve given him 3 weeks time….that’s not enough? I am trying to be patient, but that just seems like too long to me. He is posting on facebook and such like normal, and he said he’s doing good, and his father is doing good. It just seems like by now, he would’ve said something to me.

rj6224
    Participant
    October 28, 2015 at 5:33 pm #87542

It might be time to move on. Sometimes people online can be very flakey. He could have been using that as an excuse if the dad is doing good.

Whitney
    Participant
    October 31, 2015 at 1:52 pm #87732
    Reply To: Went on a date with guy from tinder…now what?

I’d ask him out for lunch or coffee. It seems you two hit it off the first time and by asking him out you’ll see what he says. If he says yes, then that’s great and you can see how he’s been, but if he says no at least you’ll know not to think twice about him and wonder if something could have been different.

azgirl201
    Participant
    November 12, 2015 at 3:05 am #88329

Thanks for your advice. I’ve tried to run into him, but I haven’t seen him out at all. I texted him again about two weeks ago, and I told him if he ever has free time, we should go out again, and he said ” Sorry I haven’t replied lately, I’ve been busy with my new job. That’s a good idea! I’ll let you know.” Now it’s been two weeks since that text, and 5 weeks since the date, and I haven’t heard from him. I’ve been trying to be patient, but it just seems like it’s time for me to move on. 🙁

JD123
    Participant
    November 13, 2015 at 1:42 pm #88441

despite the connection you have shared so far this would be quite a blow for anyone and unlikely that he would want to rely on you for support. I would give him a call (don’t text) and try and put him on the spot (nicely though). at least tht way you know where you stand