We're exclusive but won't call me his girlfriend? what now?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:43 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

smilez2207
    smilez2207
    Participant
    December 3, 2013 at 6:07 am #43759

I’ve been seeing this guy for alittle over 3 months now, and we agreed that we’re monogamous and exclusive but won’t call me his girlfriend. He says it’s still too soon and likes where we are at. We hang out together on all my off time, has met some of my family and I have met some of his family and friends at all. He says that the title may scare him away and makes things too serious. I am just confused and don’t know when and if I should bring up the title again? and if so when?

Anonymous
    December 3, 2013 at 11:02 am #43770

In my opinion this guy has been fooling you for 3 months ! He’s trying to keep you as a sex date as long as possible while he’s sleeping with other girls.

smilez2207
    smilez2207
    Participant
    December 3, 2013 at 3:55 pm #43832

He’s definitely not sleeping nor talking to other women. I just want to know if I should give it a time where he should call me his girlfriend

johnx2
    Participant
    December 3, 2013 at 7:48 pm #43866

This is what you do since you arent his girlfriend.

The next time he asks you to hang out mention to him that you are hanging out with a guy.

Stop hanging out with him so much and say you have other plans with another guy.

Actually go out and meet new guys. Still talk to him but dont make it that you are Whooped on him. If he doesnt ask you out soon then dont sweat it and maybe you are wasting your time.

I have to know my future g/f really well and then I will ask her to be my girlfriend. THis may take up to 2 months.

smilez2207
    smilez2207
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:21 pm #43868

Thank you but I’ve already done that and he was upset. He said we can hang out with the opposite sex as a group, not one on one. We’ve been seeing each other for a little over 3 months. Shouldn’t he know by now what he wants from this?