We've got Radio Silence

DATING ADVICE FORUM

We've got Radio Silence

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 8:57 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

onelonelyangler
    Participant
    October 16, 2017 at 4:01 pm #152967
    We've got Radio Silence

So I met this girl in person once through a friend. Towards the end of the night we said good bye but she gave me that I like you type look. I was like damn I need her number. Long story short we match on tinder. I tell her if she wants to meet to text me. Boom she texts me. We basically text for the week just about every night discovering we have a lot in common. She’d keep texting. So i asked her out once but we couldn’t schedule anything. Then she asks me out and we planned to meet last weekend or this week. I talked to her a little bit at the end of week then asked if she wanted to follow as planned. Silent. Called her, no response. Been 4 days, no response she is still on snapchat and checks mine out. Why did she go silent so suddenly? Was I just played or is she too nervous? What I can tell she’s never had a bf and removed tinder after we made plans.

F150owner
    Participant
    October 18, 2017 at 4:44 pm #153260

Hate to be the one to tell you, but I’ve read so many times, “if she wanted to talk to you, she would.”

rich1001
    Participant
    October 22, 2017 at 11:37 pm #153671

uggghhh that sucks man. girls are flakes. it probably has little to do with you. if you want to keep trying I would wait 2 maybe 4 weeks before messaging her then maybe message her with a fun date/group hangout idea…see what happens….not much you can do and it feels shitty, believe me i know. just try and keep you self busy meeting other girls. if a girl wants to see you it should be a natural thing where both people put in equal effort. keep at it and be yourself..you’ll find her

onelonelyangler
    Participant
    October 26, 2017 at 9:13 am #154077

Small update. She messaged me in a group message. I responded to the topic but she never texted me back personally. so should i dive back in?

RafNY
    Participant
    October 26, 2017 at 6:20 pm #154243

you could try to dive back in with something funny like “not sure if you got my last message but I though I would try again. Didn’t want you to accidently miss out on an opportunity of a lifetime” 🙂

mr_forlorne
    mr_forlorne
    Participant
    October 26, 2017 at 11:42 pm #154261

I think this person sounds unsure of whether she wants to start a relationship with anyone just yet. Maybe follow up with a message saying you’re always free to talk, and if she doesn’t respond, then she has probably lost interest.

onelonelyangler
    Participant
    November 14, 2017 at 11:00 pm #156409

She texted me back apologizing saying she was busy but that it was not a good excuse. So we texted a little bit but then stopped. Should I wait to see what she does again or initiate the next convo?