What am I doing wrong?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What am I doing wrong?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 9:05 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Petethegiant
    Participant
    October 16, 2017 at 7:40 am #152873
    What am I doing wrong?

Long story short, I’ve been single for a few years now & I’ve attempted to get to know a few girls throughout that time.. but, every time it’s the same story. We’ll text/talk for a a week or so then it’s just over. They just won’t respond anymore. I’m always a gentleman & say good morning/night, have a good day stuff like that. It kinda depresses me because it makes me feel like I’m just not good enough but I let it go an move on. Well about a week ago I met a girl & got her number. We text a few times but she was always slow to respond, like hours would go by without a response but when she did respond it seemed like she was interested in me & wanted to talk. Well she hasn’t replied for 2 days now. I’ve text her “good morning” both days but no response. I’m assuming that’s that & I won’t be getting a response anymore because that’s just what happens every time. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. It’s the same story every time. Talk for a little bit then they just won’t respond.

onelonelyangler
    Participant
    October 16, 2017 at 3:49 pm #152963

I’ve got the same situation going on try changing it up and calling. Express your interest in meeting them again early so you can weed out who is actually interested or just giving you there number just because.

narayan
    Participant
    October 18, 2017 at 6:43 am #153159

Try meeting with her. She’s not your girlfriend to say good morning every day. Take your time 🙂

MsFluffyNut
    Participant
    October 22, 2017 at 2:27 am #153652

Hi Pete please don’t say you’re not good enough. You’re making a genuine effort here. I’ve met loads of guys where things seem really hot for a little while then they freeze you out. Don’t take it personally. It takes time to get to know someone. Maybe people don’t like texting. She may not necessarily be ignoring you. She may have issues from past relationships, or feel obliged to respond to you. Maybe give her a few days space. She may wonder why you stopped texting. Maybe she likes you to make the first move. Which ever way you go, don’t stress it. If someone is interested in you, they’ll respond. If not, know you did your best. Good luck.

tll92
    Participant
    October 22, 2017 at 8:53 am #153654

Hey Pete, have you tried going out on dates with them? When you get their number, let them know you’re looking to see them and say “hey I’d like to take you out sometime [insert timeframe here] and follow through with an invitation. Making it formal from the start ensures you are only talking to girls who actually want to hang out.