What am I doing wrong? Help me understand relationships

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:49 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

hopelessromantic012
    Participant
    October 18, 2014 at 11:02 pm #66165

I’m 20 years old and only had 3 girlfriends(dated all of them when I was 15-16) they all only lasted about 3 weeks, one of them I only dated them because they were gay, and the other 2 I dated because I actually liked them. but the problem was when I asked them to be my girlfriend, they only dated me because they didn’t want to tell me no. (I figured that out after we dated) every since then I’ve been afraid to tell girls that I like them because fear of rejection or just being lead on. Why didn’t they just tell me that they didn’t want to be with me? Why do girls like to lead me on? Or when I tell them that I like them, they just throw in my face like I’m nothing? And it hurts because I wouldn’t do that to them, I would give them the world. Well at least try to. I know everyone has their problems, but what is their problem? What am I doing wrong? Because at this point, I would rather go through my life emotionless. any tips or ideas are welcome. thanks

kerry
    kerry
    Participant
    October 20, 2014 at 2:33 am #66201

Best thing you can do is go live your life.

Jodi
    Participant
    November 27, 2014 at 8:47 am #68257

Dating in your teens can be very different to dating when you are an adult. I’m sure that when you find someone a little more emotionally mature, you will have a better experience and this person will see you for the considerate person you seem to be. (Although in my experience, finding adults who are emotionally mature can be a bit of a task in itself!). These girls didn’t sound like they had the maturity to commit to a proper relationship or even treat you in a reasonable way. It probably isn’t a reflection on you or anything you did, but rather them not knowing what they want themselves. Confusing times when you are 16. I would suggest getting to know someone well before taking it to the level of a relationship, and definately don’t make the mistake I did of going to gay clubs to meet women – very difficult to find someone there who is looking for anything more than a bit of fun. (although not always the case).

paniii
    paniii
    Participant
    December 5, 2014 at 12:33 pm #68775

forget about past and live your life to the fullest

SonadowverLesbian
    SonadowverLesbian
    Participant
    March 23, 2015 at 9:52 pm #75868

I am 11 years old and have wanted a female for a while… I’m into one of my straight bff’s, and she has no idea i’m a lesbo. She thinks the hugs I give her are playful or friendly hugs… am I doing something wrong too? Do any of you have advice on how to get above that state?

(P.S. I’m sorry… I know it’s off topic. XD)

catadult
    Participant
    April 21, 2015 at 1:17 pm #77647

Oh well you should move on…