What are his intentions ?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:19 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

xxaccxx
    Participant
    December 5, 2017 at 11:31 pm #159173

I’ve been chatting with this guy I’ve met on a dating app for 2 months now. Almost everyday we text one another , asking how each other’s days are going. We had an offficial date-just getting coffee. The next weekend he asked to come over. We watched a movie and had a heavy make out session. I had a mixture of emotions the next day because during that makeout session he kept pulling back and staring into my eyes. Texting occurred the next few weeks without any plans to meet up (he travels a lot for business). This past weekend he asked to see me and came back over , another movie/make-out session but this time we had sex. I’ve never done a hook-up/casual dating before so now I’m panicking a bit. He texted me that he made it home afterwards. The next day he tried striking up a conversation. I ignored his text for a few hours because I was processing how I felt about him. I replied back-no response. Today I reached out – no response.

xxaccxx
    Participant
    December 5, 2017 at 11:33 pm #159174

Background info that may be useful: I’m 23, he is 33. He is also foreign ! So deciphering his behavior is a bit difficult because of the age gap and being foreign. Am I a casual hook-up or do you think he’s looking for relationship material ?

Dx1991
    Participant
    December 6, 2017 at 10:34 pm #159315

Hard to say from my perspective. Give it 24 hours and then reach out, if still nothing then he could have been using you which hopefully is not the case.

Morphious1
    Participant
    December 7, 2017 at 2:42 am #159330

It seems like he put a lot of effort into the online communications, and then has carefully messaged you afterward saying he made it home alright, looked you in the eye, didn’t try to have sex on first date, and is still trying to communicate. I’d say he wants a relationship.

infinitegodess
    Participant
    December 10, 2017 at 7:51 am #159588

He is open to a relationship.

koncrete_rose
    Participant
    December 10, 2017 at 9:08 am #159591

Doesn’t sound like he wants a relationship. A lot of online chatting and then straight to coming over? Hmm.

Disillusioned
    Participant
    December 10, 2017 at 9:37 am #159592

Wish I could help with that one. See how long it goes before he answers your text. I can’t make heads nor tales of this one.

may16
    Participant
    December 10, 2017 at 2:44 pm #159609

Try texting him and dont jump into any conclusions, maybe he’s overthinking it as well. It might also be the case that he was just using you, but you cant be certain untill he just answers and you subtly ask him

lilacwine92
    Participant
    December 11, 2017 at 2:52 am #159625
    Reply To: What are his intentions ?

I agree with the above. Try reaching out again.

jessicak
    Participant
    December 11, 2017 at 3:36 pm #159728
    Reply To: What are his intentions ?

Wait a day and then try talking to him again