What course of action should I take?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:38 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Peyton142
    Participant
    October 25, 2015 at 10:40 am #87345

I am a 18 year old college student who has never been in a relationship, nor do i have friends. I suffer from depression, and social anxiety. I am very ugly and a little bit over weight. Being myself has not done me any favors. I can’t even get any girl to continue a conversation with me when i build up the courage to speak to her. I have tried online dating(with no results). I have looked into organizations to join to meet people, but none in which i had a interest in. I have tried being the confident guy, but nothing changed. Everyone says that college is this magical place where you meet life long friends. So far for me it’s just as bad as high school. Everyone is rude, harsh, and hateful. The high school bullies are now college bullies. Is it my fault for all of this? Am i the cause for my failure?

Peyton142
    Participant
    October 25, 2015 at 10:58 am #87346

But it is not only that. It’s the double standard to get a girl. Be nice, but not too nice. Be yourself, just enough so you wont be “boring”. I’m boring by nature. I’m a “nice” guy that everyone says not to be. I have interest that no one i know have. I am isolated in a sense. And this double standard where the guy has to initiate everything. Begin the conversation(usually ends there for me), continue to get to know her, etc… I hate the system of dating in which America has made. It’s shallow, and harsh. I am a nerdy guy who likes anime, and video games(can’t even talk to anyone there either). In the area in which i live i am persecuted for it. Don’t even get me started with the awful idea of social media. I am the shut in who can not go out and talk to people like normal people. I have panic attacks just going in to walmart. So when people say just talk to someone they don’t understand how difficult it is.