what did I do wrong?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

what did I do wrong?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 9:26 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

heelsnglamour
    Participant
    June 29, 2015 at 10:08 am #81736
    what did I do wrong?

I was dating someone for almost 2 months and he lives an hour away. He would drive up during the week & weekend to take me out.(We haven’t had sex btw) 

I tried to have the exclusivity convo with him; he stated that we were still getting to know each other. So I figured it was fine for me to see other guys & started making other plans. He asked where I was going & with whom so I was honest w/him. I went out with another guy.

I hadn’t heard from him for 4 days so I called him but my call was rejected. I then texted him saying that I would rather he communicated the issue with me but I respect his choice & will move on. He never replied. 

What did I do wrong? I’d like to know so that I won’t make the same mistake moving forward in dating. 

lingood
    Participant
    June 29, 2015 at 11:21 am #81739

I had dated a guy who wanted me to be a FWB and we tried but as soon as I went on another date. He said goodbye because I was ‘allowed’ to sleep with others but he was. Move on hes not worth it. I learned the hard way.

confusedboy89
    Participant
    June 29, 2015 at 9:00 pm #81768

As a guy, I would find it weird if a girl told me that she was dating other guys at the same time. It would seem like she’s trying to tell me that “You are just one of the guys that I’m dating right now. I’m assessing you right now…”. Guess it puts pressure on the guy and who wants dates that are that stressful?

Anonymous
    June 30, 2015 at 8:56 am #81785

if you hadn’t slept with him and had been seeing each other for 2 months why did you suddenly decide to start seeing other people? did you think he was taking too long? I’m actually for the guy in this instance because you don’t find many men that will take things slow with girls. most of them prefer rushing to get to the main point (the sex). I think you should have had a little more patience. He’s probably hurt and thinks you moved too fast for him and so he’s cut you loose

tooshytosay
    tooshytosay
    Participant
    July 1, 2015 at 2:21 pm #81888

you might have overestimated his ‘still getting to know each other’ statement. He might have still been getting to know you, but he also wants to know that you are going to be loyal if you guys were starting a relationship together..If anything, it is good to ease into relationships, but it is also good to know the boundaries that each person has and what they want out of the relationship.