What did she mean by this?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:00 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

southernYankee
    Participant
    June 1, 2015 at 11:39 pm #79971

Within the last 3 or 4 weeks, I’ve been on 3 real dates with a girl I like, and we have hung out together on campus many more times. Since she was going home for the summer, I decided to bring up where we both stood on the situation. I realize it was pretty soon, so I emphasized to her that I’m not trying to rush anything. My fear was that if we both had any feelings at all, they would fade away if we didn’t talk about it before the summer break. She knew exactly where I was going with it because she finished my sentence for me. And I don’t think she felt pressured or uncomfortable about the conversation. I’d be able to read it in her face if she was…. and I ended up spending the night with her.

Her exact answer to my question was: “I find you interesting, and I want to get to know you more. I think I’m on the path toward really liking you but I’m not there yet.”

I replied that I think we could have something, but I agreed not yet. And she seemed to agree with this.

JonathanG
    JonathanG
    Participant
    June 2, 2015 at 11:42 am #79980

It sounds like everything is fine, you are getting to know each other and take your time. She meant what she say, which means you have a good base to start from, but my guess is that there is still something missing in order to get to the next stage and its time. You need to make it happen, don’t ask her but act. Create attractions, excite her and initiate things. So next time you’ll talk her answer would becomes much clearer

southernYankee
    Participant
    June 2, 2015 at 9:58 pm #80042

How do I create that attraction? I’ve never had a girlfriend, and I’ve never been good with wooing girls. Her birthday is this summer, so I plan on sending her flowers. Nothing over the top, but enough to say, “Hey, I like you, and I’m a sweet guy.” But what else can I do when we are apart for 3 months?

JonathanG
    JonathanG
    Participant
    June 3, 2015 at 9:17 am #80053

Hey, as i said, the most important thing is to flirt and to create sexual tension and attraction. This is the language that women speak. It’s beyond words and it works like a magic. It’s hard to tell in few words how you do it, but a few things come to mind are: Create an eye contact with her and do not let go. Slowly shrink your eyes with a half smile and do not stop until she will look away. She will feel your confident and would love it, guaranteed. Tease her in a fun way, like being cocky and funny, interpret her in a way that suggest that she want you badly but you are not that kind of guy and she is going too fast.
    Blame her of sexual harassment in a funny way. There are plenty of ways to do it. The most important principles are to be confident, funny, and interesting in a flirty way.

JonathanG
    JonathanG
    Participant
    June 3, 2015 at 9:18 am #80054

There are some amazing methods you can use as guidance. Personally, it helped me to change my perspective years ago and only god knows how many amazing girls I’ve dated so far. If you would like a recommendation just tell me, and i’ll be glad to help you with that one

nerratee
    Participant
    June 4, 2015 at 10:08 am #80141

Sounds to me like you’re on the right path. Especially with the flowers!

Appar92
    Participant
    June 8, 2015 at 11:17 pm #80479

Things are looking good for you bro, don’t worry about it.

Vivahate
    Vivahate
    Participant
    June 10, 2015 at 8:41 am #80550

I wouldn’t stress too much about this, if you are genuinely feeling the way you do then what you’re saying sounds like what she is saying – so if you are questioning what she is saying then she would have just as much reason to question what you’re saying. Sometimes things just are what they are and you both feel the same way 🙂