What do guys feel about a girl initiating a kiss?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:03 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Light888
    Participant
    January 6, 2016 at 5:27 pm #91182

So I recently reconnected with an old friend, who lives abroad now but came back to visit his family for a few weeks. Turns out we have so much in common, and it was so nice to have someone I could have endless conversations with.

Anyway I saw him for the last time today, we spent 4 hours together and at they end we spoke about how we wouldn’t see each other for another year or more. When we said goodbye we went in for a 50/50 could-be-a kiss-could-be-a-hug… It turned out to be a hug which I could tell neither of us wanted. Then we just stood there for like 5 seconds and looked at each other and he was like “what…?” and I said “I feel like I should kiss you? because I’m not going to see you for ages now” and then he just said “okay” and we made out.

I am so embarrassed about this, because I feel like I made our goodbye so awkward. Should I text him? Would he have been turned off with my forwardness? What do guys think about girls initiating a kiss in this way?

flower14
    Participant
    January 7, 2016 at 2:22 am #91201

I don’t think it’s a problem

lonewolf88
    Participant
    January 8, 2016 at 8:50 am #91275

I personally, don’t mind a woman initiating a kiss with me, as long as I like her and am attracted to her. It takes out the guesswork and not knowing when the woman is ok with being kissed.

pinacoladamama7
    Participant
    January 11, 2016 at 12:51 am #91407

I think guys like it when guys initiate anything

franko
    Participant
    January 11, 2016 at 11:34 am #91423

sometimes u feel nervous unless the connection is obvious

Anonymous
    January 11, 2016 at 12:34 pm #91426

Light888,

I do not think that it is a big problem, maybe it was just unexpected and he did not know what to say!
    Give it some time and wait for him to text you.

If you are ever looking for a place to meet your date, check out this guide we made. We will be creating guides for every city.

https://www.validatedating.com/best-places-to-meet-an-online-date-in-miami/

Anonymous
    January 14, 2016 at 9:20 am #91617

Kissing is by far the most sensual and exciting thing you can do with another person. In a way, a kiss is even more intimate than sex. When you’re completely engaged with another person’s face – your lips, bodies, and minds connecting –you have the potential to create a moment that’s way more intense than a few mere thrusts of the hips.

But even the sassiest among us sometimes feel insecure when it comes to our tongue tango skills. We asked a very opinionated group of men to tell us what they want to see, feel and taste during a make-out session. What they say may surprise you but one thing’s for sure – it will make you a better kisser!