what do i do??

DATING ADVICE FORUM

what do i do??

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    May 5, 2018 at 11:34 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

kdawg
    Participant
    February 19, 2018 at 11:05 am #165888
    what do i do??

my boyfriend and i have been dating for about a year now, but when we first started dating his ex confessed that she still has feelings for him one night, but soon after said she was just drunk and that it wasn’t true. since then, they’ve also continued to be good friends, a friendship i don’t have an issue with, because I trust my boyfriend around her and other girls.
    I’ve also been going through a lot personally and I’ve been very open with my boyfriend through all of it, and he assured me he wouldn’t tell anyone about what I confided in him about personally, especially his ex. Recently, he posted a picture of us and she responded to it by laughing at it, and I got upset that he didn’t defend our relationship. He convinced me that although he didn’t say anything then, he always sticks up for me and our relationship.
    A few days ago, I found out that he actually has told her all the details of the personal issues I’m dealing with, and lets her make fun of me and our relationship.

kdawg
    Participant
    February 19, 2018 at 11:11 am #165889

He also made negative comments about me to her, questioning my priorities and ranting to her about things like the amount of time it took for me to confirm dates for a trip and such. I confronted him and called him out on breaking my trust, telling my personal secrets to those who i specifically asked him not to, and for talking trash about me behind my back. Whilst he owned up to it and admits what he did was wrong, he, on his own, decided to block her and remove her from his life.

I’m worried he’s just doing this to satisfy me and will eventually resent me for it, but at the same time I cannot be comfortable with him being friends with someone who has no respect for me or our relationship. This isn’t the first time she’s openly disrespected our relationship. Do i trust him again? Do i trust that if i confide in him he won’t tell outsiders all my secrets and that he won’t talk trash on me behind my back? If so, how do i start trusting him again?

sakurabunny24
    Participant
    February 20, 2018 at 1:09 am #165955

I don’t think it’s safe to trust again. It’s nice to think you can trust your boyfriend and that he’s mature enough to be friends with his ex without doing anything stupid, but it’s also easy for him to make a mistake with her. It happened once and since he blocked her hopefully it doesn’t happen again and he’s probably doing it to please you, so id be careful just in case he might try to contact her behind your back

monkeymom82
    Participant
    February 20, 2018 at 8:50 am #165959

Sounds like an asshole! A man is supposed to uphold his woman not let others talk about her!!

lllllll
    Participant
    February 20, 2018 at 8:46 pm #166066

Break up with him gurl