What do I do?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What do I do?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:25 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

reevesbonilla
    Participant
    December 7, 2014 at 10:24 pm #68852
    What do I do?

Hi everyone,

Long story short. I work at a coffee shop, met a girl there, got her number. Told her via text i thought she was cute and asked her to “hang out” sometime (first mistake) she said she was down. Asked her for saturday, but I said it might not be a good time because of finals. She took over a day to reply, said that finals might be better. I replied with some necessary comment, and i haven’t heard from her since.

So,i definitely made a good first impression (i made her laugh, later when she walked by I smiled at her and she smiled at me really enthusiastically)

Did i mess up with the texting? Is she saying she is busy because she doesnt want to go out? or because it is finals week? how can i know? when should i text her again to see if she is interested? or is it apparent that she isnt?

Sorry about my kind of bogus questions, I have never actually gone on a date with a random girl before!!!

manofpeace
    Participant
    December 7, 2014 at 11:42 pm #68856

Yo my brother! You messed up. While I haven’t dated anyone in my life, I work in a area that selling is required. You needed to have created desire and scarcity almost in this woman. If you used flirting correctly, set up a date as a skeleton to the convo. “I absolutely love chipotle. Would you like to join me X date?” Also, you have to wine and dine her. Don’t just spring a date on her so late like that. Get the number. Text some jokes. Send emoji. Tell her she’s cute. Ask what her major is. And then talk about more dates.

jholcomb2015
    Participant
    December 9, 2014 at 2:05 am #68899

Two important things to remember about the texting: 1) Be intriguing, teasing, and/or candid; 2) Don’t text anything unnecessary.

I am in a similar situation, and the advice I can give you for the future is to first tell her to tell you get schedule and then set a specific time and place. Make it sound implicitly like she has the privilege of going out with you. However, at the point you are at, I don’t know the best option.