what do I do?!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

what do I do?!

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 6:24 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

bruck
    Participant
    September 14, 2015 at 1:16 am #85361
    what do I do?!

I am seeing a girl that broke up with her boyfriend a couple months ago and she says every time she begins to develop feelings for someone she blocks them out. How can I prevent her from blocking me out? She says she does not want to scare me off because she likes what we have. She doesn’t want to go through another heart break. What do I do??

bmwilhelm8818
    Participant
    September 14, 2015 at 2:58 am #85368

What do you define as “seeing” a girl?

kevin_manning11
    Participant
    September 14, 2015 at 5:04 pm #85416

Just go with your gut

bruck
    Participant
    September 15, 2015 at 8:17 am #85396

We’ve been on a few dates and been talking quite a bit.

riguy321
    Participant
    September 24, 2015 at 1:08 am #85851

Give her some space, she will need to figure out things on her own. If she wants you in the end, she will be back

chloex
    Participant
    September 24, 2015 at 11:02 am #85865

If you like her, understand thats she’s probably very insecure right now and try and help her. Generally the more you show her how much she means to you the more she’ll trust you.

thebrooklynshow
    Participant
    September 24, 2015 at 4:20 pm #85881

You can’t get her to. I was actually going through something similar(I am a girl) my relationships would always end with me breaking someones heart, it gets to you and you wonder whats wrong with you. She has a lot of self reflecting and finding herself to do. Trust me you do not want to be in a relationship with someone who has intimacy issues because essentially thats what she has going on. It’s very draining for both parties. It is great that she is aware of this issue and she does care enough not to want to hurt you. I would say try to be there for her as much as possible. But do not set ultimatums or try to pressure her, she will run!! Most likely she’s a commitment phobe as well as most people who have intimacy issues are. She’s also probably not over her ex yet, give her time but don’t put your life on hold for her. Good luck