What do I do in this situation?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:47 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

runtothesun
    runtothesun
    Participant
    August 11, 2014 at 1:33 am #59122

Went out with a girl on Thursday, nothing big, just a coffee date, spent over two hours walking and talking (and she insisted on paying, even though I tried to), had a good time. At the end of it, right as I was about to ask her for a second date, she said “Let’s do this again sometime”, so I asked her if she wants to do dinner and she said yes

Didn’t text her again until this afternoon (Sunday), partially because I try to keep texting to a minimum (why bother with small talk over text? We’ll have more to talk about when we go out, the way I see it) and also because she had a bachelorette party this weekend, so she was busy with that

Haven’t heard from her, and it’s got me a little nervous. Granted it’s about midnight now, so I won’t hear from her tonight, but I am a little anxious. I’m not sure if she’s ignoring me (which would be a 180) or if she’s playing hard to get, but if I don’t hear from her tomorrow I’m not sure what to do. Do I text her again, or just or just move on?

cjo0038
    Participant
    August 11, 2014 at 11:49 am #59159

What did you text her on that Sunday?

She might have looked at the text, didn’t have time to response to it, and totally forgot about it

runtothesun
    runtothesun
    Participant
    August 11, 2014 at 3:31 pm #59206

What did you text her on that Sunday?
    She might have looked at the text, didn’t have time to response to it, and totally forgot about it

I just said “Hey, how’s your Tuesday evening look?”

Grace916
    Participant
    August 20, 2014 at 9:49 pm #59760

I really don’t like when a guy waits that long to text me back so when that happens I usually wait a little longer than I usually would to respond. I don’t think you did anything particularly wrong, but I bet you anything that she was probably hoping to hear from you sooner.

Chessuly
    Participant
    August 20, 2014 at 10:37 pm #59764

Just give it time man, I’m sure if she really likes you, she’ll text you back. She could have been busy.

kajla00007
    Participant
    August 21, 2014 at 6:13 am #59767

I can understand your situation but I think you have to wait. May be she is too busy to text you.Let her reply you back.

diva820
    Participant
    August 25, 2014 at 8:53 am #59955

There could be a couple reasons why:

1) She’s been busy and hasn’t had a chance to reply.
    2) She may have expected more substance in the text.
    3) She’s not trying to appear anxious with a quick reply.
    4) She didn’t see the text.

May I suggest if you haven’t heard back from her yet, you send another text (or call) and ask her how her weekend was (you mentioned she was planning or attending an event). And tell her you wanted to follow up on the conversation from the coffee date and see if she’s still interested in getting together for dinner. If she says yes, then say, does Tuesday work?

socal93
    Participant
    August 27, 2014 at 9:53 pm #60275

I’d give it sometime myself, but if I didn’t hear back per say after 48hrs I might send another text thinking she may have not received or seen the first one, text messages not being received occurs more frequently than one may think…

annlee1
    Participant
    August 29, 2014 at 6:52 am #60347

You have to wait a bit more maybe she doesnt want to seem way too excited for the second date or maybe shes nevrous, too.

Anonymous
    September 2, 2014 at 3:55 pm #60537
    Reply To: What do I do in this situation?

Just a question – besides using this forum, how else do you get advice on texting? I suggest checking out a new Android app called PVLL, which I have found useful to share texts I receive from dates with my friends to get advice. Try it out here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Pull.pullapp