What do I do now???

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What do I do now???

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 3:10 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lucylily
    Participant
    November 10, 2015 at 1:06 pm #88260
    What do I do now???

So I’ve been dating a guy for over a month. We live a fair way apart and have spent one or two evenings a week together. He’s really pushed things on in terms of the relationship making comments about me being a step mum and shopping together at ikea. I just went with the flow and although it worried me slightly he’s a really nice guy. We spent the weekend together the other weekend and it was fantastic. This week we didn’t see each other at all. He cancelled out Thursday date as he was tied up with an appointment that was changed. We were supposed to see each other on Sunday but he cancelled due to a 3am start at work Monday. Saturday he seemed a bit short with messages so after he cancelled our Sunday evening together I asked if everything was ok. He said yes. Sunday evening he ended up being tied up at his ex’s because the boiler was broken. But didn’t message me before bed which is unusual. He then messaged Monday but his tone had changed. I finally asked again if everything was ok

lucylily
    Participant
    November 10, 2015 at 1:08 pm #88262

And this is what I got…

When you asked the other day I wasn’t completely honest. Things have been moving a bit too fast at the mo for me when I’ve sat back & thought about it. can we just slow things down if that’s ok? I really enjoy spending time with you & don’t want to be a knob to you & spoil things x

When I asked what did he mean by slow things down this was his reply:
    I’m only just out of a very unhappy marriage for the past couple of years and really enjoy being with you but things have started to feel a bit full on like a relationship & I’m not sure I’m ready for that yet. I’m not saying I don’t want to see you anymore at all but wanted to be honest with you X

We spoke and agreed to meet up for tea although he did consider cancelling that to begin with.

What do I do? Advice please?