DATING ADVICE FORUM

What do you guys think?

Author
    Comments

• AD5063
    Participant
    October 16, 2016 at 11:04 pm #114244
    What do you guys think?

So I met this girl through my sister-in-law back in the spring. We hung out once with out the extended group of friends around and it didn’t seem like it was going to go anywhere so I didn’t pursue her after that. Then my sister-in-law told me that this girl wasn’t interested in dating people at the moment. We would still hang out with each other in a group setting and as summer went on and we hung out more I began to become increasingly interested in her. The other night we all went to a haunted hayride and afterward she and I talked on the drive home. She mentioned how she loved Halloween and wanted to get started watching the movies we as the group had been talking about earlier that night. I suggested that maybe we (I implied it as being me and her) could do a scary movie night or something. She replied that she didn’t like scary movies and the conversation just kinda trailed off, shortly after that we said our goodbyes for the night. I know she supposedly not interested in dating

AD5063
    Participant
    October 16, 2016 at 11:08 pm #114245

anyone right now but I would still like to see if she would like to hang out together without everyone else and see where it goes. What do you guys think? Should I bother? How should I go about getting her interested in hanging out? Any advice would be grateful!!

wankaf
    Participant
    October 17, 2016 at 10:04 am #114291

i think you should ask her to hang out. you have to tell her the truth about your feelings. beside, try to know why she is not interested in a relation. if you know the cause you would come up with the perfect solution. she may be recovering from a heart break or something. to sum up, try to know the reason why she is not interested in a relationship.

definitelynotanowl
    Participant
    October 17, 2016 at 11:40 am #114305

Ask her anyway, and if she says no then she says no. But don’t necessarily take it as a rejection of you personally. You have no idea what could be going on in her life regarding this area, so I would honestly advise that you don’t pursue it any further if she does say no. As in don’t ask why she said no, just say that you respect her and her decision, and just continue as you were before.

AD5063
    Participant
    October 17, 2016 at 3:18 pm #114370

Ok. Thank you guys, I will ask her out and see what happens.

Wanderer11
    Participant
    October 19, 2016 at 5:49 pm #114703

I’d say do something super casual to start, like get lunch verses dinner, so maybe she can feel more comfortable and open up to you. I love lunch dates! And as a girl, I find myself more relaxed at a lunch date and I (personally) tend to be more myself.

jennablack2
    Participant
    October 20, 2016 at 1:26 pm #114755

Omg ask her out :))