What do you think?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What do you think?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:40 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

dating_001
    Participant
    March 5, 2017 at 9:21 am #129094
    What do you think?

Hey Guys,

I am not normally someone who would post on this, but I am definitely confused and my friends agree with me on this situation.

I had been casually dating a girl for a few months.

She had some health issues come up and told me for various reasons she was not in a place to be dating. I told her that I understand and that is fine with me and appreciate her honesty. A few days later after I have had time to think about it I messaged her and said I would enjoy keeping in touch in the most friendly terms and that I have accepted we are not dating this was not me trying to just keep in touch to change that. I am 100% okay with that because I honestly enjoyed time with her as a friend too.

She now is much more outgoing with texting, contacting me then she ever was when we were “dating” and we have gone out again, where originally she seemed kind of to be trying to get closer, but me trying to be sure to stick to my word in not trying to push for more….

dating_001
    Participant
    March 5, 2017 at 9:22 am #129095

…she seemed to cool off at the end of our get together, which left me wondering if because I was not returning the feeling she was upset? she was hoping work towards dating again or not…

So basically I am not sure what to do because I want to stick to my word and enjoy spending time with her but don’t want me misreading what is going on. And I feel if I be candid with her It may seem odd.

Thanks

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by  dating_001.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by  dating_001.