What do you think?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What do you think?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2018 at 11:48 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

henna83
    henna83
    Participant
    March 24, 2018 at 12:18 pm #168321
    What do you think?

I’ve been dating this guy for 2-3 months and we are somewhat serious. But there is a huge hurdle he is a CEO of a tech startup and he has very little free time, so I don’t see him too much anymore. The last 2 weeks he has been texting a lot less and I know he is busy with new clients and growing his company. I totally understand his career is important and want to be supportive of this. I just think it is hard sometimes cuz I don’t get to see him a lot sometimes.

I called him Monday and invited him to a family event this summer and he was totally excited about going and I said I know timing isn’t good right now but I still wanted to see where things went with us. I am dating other guys and want to keep my options open but I am really smitten by this guy. He has told me in June things will ease up with his business and he will have more time for this.

When I called him on Monday he also said he wants to come out near my house and hang out soon.

• This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by henna83 henna83.
    henna83
    henna83
    Participant
    March 24, 2018 at 12:19 pm #168323

I asked him on Tuesday what he was thinking and he said he wants to come out on Sat to do karaoke with me if his work schedule allowed it. I backed off to give him space and then yesterday afternoon I texted him a funny video. But he hasn’t responded. Its Saturday and I haven’t heard from him. What do you think I should do? Text him and asks what’s up? I also thought he might have an emergency because his dad is sick and hopefully nothing happened to him. Just a thought.

He has always said no matter what happens he wants to always be friends with me cuz he thinks i am an awesome person and he will never not respond. Sometimes it may take him awhile due to work or an emergency but he will always be in my life.

What do you guys think I should do?

forzadaniela9
    Participant
    March 24, 2018 at 5:42 pm #168332

It sounds like he’s a busy busy guy! But dont wait for him. It’s great that you’re dating other guys and not killing your self over him. Give him space, cut him out, and see if he misses you enough to make an effort to seek you out.

SuzyQ00
    Participant
    March 30, 2018 at 12:49 pm #169165

I agree with giving space, let him come to you. See if he makes an effort, keep yourself busy

teufulintrouble
    Participant
    March 31, 2018 at 2:01 am #169227

Yeah don’t pressure, that comes off needy (unattractive). good luck!

gowiththeflow
    Participant
    April 1, 2018 at 2:18 am #169241

Don’t be needy or you will make things worse. He is probably trying you out if you can fit to his lifestyle, so this is good for both of you. Don’t push it but be honest to yourself.

Cubrazol
    Participant
    April 1, 2018 at 10:17 am #169246

Dont be needy above all

henna83
    henna83
    Participant
    April 2, 2018 at 8:54 am #169255

He told me a week ago that his Dad is in the hospital again and he will talk to me later. I texted him a few days later to see how his Dad was doing and to let me know if I could do anything to help. That was 4 days ago. He hasn’t replied.

He told me he would always reply to me texts, maybe it might take him awhile if he got busy with work or an emergency. He said he would not just disappear on me. I know he will text me, probably when I stop thinking about him. But I always have dreams about him. Idk what to do. I think I am in love with him.

chamberdating
    Participant
    April 2, 2018 at 7:17 pm #169382

A lot of people don’t realize the time executives have to put into their jobs. It’s A LOT.

Bottom line is that he will always have to put in a lot of hours at work. I would try and figure out what he likes to do on his few hours away from work and see if you can pique is interest by appealing to those.

jdc1564
    Participant
    April 3, 2018 at 2:56 pm #169462
    Reply To: What do you think?

I have messaged 194 girls in almost the last year on match . Maybe about a dozen of them have given me a reply but nothing more than a date or two? My confidence is at an all time low. I use a short basic hi how are you to get the conversation started but most of them just look at my profile and move on. I’m almost 30 years old live alone and have been single for almost 3 years now. All my other friends are settled down or in serious relationships. Meanwhile I can’t even get phone numbers and at this point why bother. It sucks being miserable like this. Seems likely me bad luck that will never end.

Robert11
    Participant
    April 6, 2018 at 1:12 am #169770

Live your life, not someone else’s

nancy_rowlet
    nancy_rowlet
    Participant
    April 6, 2018 at 2:44 am #169772

Stop beating around the bush and ask him out for real if you “love” him

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    April 15, 2018 at 3:08 am #170587

You said: “I am dating other guys and want to keep my options open…”
    Have you considered he may be dating other women and wants to keep (his) options open too?

“When I called him on Monday he also said he wants to come out near my house and {hang out} soon.”
    “He has always said no matter what happens he wants to always be {friends} with me cuz he thinks i am an awesome person.”

Neither of those statements sounds like a man who believes he’s met his “soulmate” or envisions a long-term relationship.

Sounds like there’s too much texting going on and not enough phone/in person conversations.
    Generally people text those they don’t want to talk to. Truthfully it doesn’t sound like this guy is all that “into you”.

How did you meet? Have you ever visited his company? Does it really exist? Is he a real CEO? Ever been to his house?
    Is this a long distance relationship? Are you sure he’s not married? living with someone? or in a relationship?
    He may be playing you.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    April 15, 2018 at 3:37 am #170588

jdc1564,
    There are numerous possibilities why you’re not getting a lot of responses.
    Some of them may have already found their “special someone” and haven’t deactivated their profile.
    Your photo/profile does not show you in the best of light. Have some female friends and family members give you their opinion.

The women you are attracted to may not be attracted to you. (Are you aiming out of your league?)
    Seriously ask yourself if you were (her): Would you want to date you?

If the answer is “no” then go about cultivating the traits you believe such a woman would want in a mate.
    Otherwise simply “be yourself” and seek out those women who are attracted to you the way you are.
    In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: NEXT!

Last but not least online dating isn’t the only option! Attend parties, happy hours, socialize for the fun!
    Go on Meetup dot com and join a few hobby/interest groups. This allows you to meet new people and get to know them over time.