what do you think of this situation

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:22 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Kayla
    Participant
    September 16, 2015 at 11:19 am #85494

I went on a date with my friend’s brother about 3 weeks ago. He kept texting me after for about 10 days but never planned another date. I told him that if he wasnt interested anymore he should tell me because i can’t just keep texting him. He said that he was busy and that he was still into me.
    Then i asked him out he said yes and then cancelled me. At that point i just assumed that he wasnt into me.
    A week later i saw him at his sisters birthday but we didn’t really talk . he just seemed shy and told that we should see each other more. Nevertheless i was talking with my other friends and dancing
    And then i noticed that he left
    His sister stayed over at my place and told me that he got really upset with me because of one particular friend who i was joking with and dancing with and also that he was going thorough an emotional crisis because he broke up 2 months ago with his ex that he dated 6 years….
    I texted him and now he barely answers me and sounds upset

Kayla
    Participant
    September 16, 2015 at 11:21 am #85495

Should i just back off? I don’t think he is into me

Kayla
    Participant
    September 16, 2015 at 11:23 am #85496

Also he flaked on me twice. And hus sister keeps telling me that he likes me but then i don’t understand why he wouldn’t contact me anymore or try to see me then

Tom
    Participant
    September 18, 2015 at 7:16 pm #85602

I think that he’s shying away from commitment because he might be subconsciously having trouble going into a relationship because he doesn’t want to be hurt again. Just try slowing down.

Tom
    Participant
    September 18, 2015 at 7:17 pm #85603

OR he’s embarrassed being with u :/ .

Tom
    Participant
    September 18, 2015 at 7:25 pm #85604

Well, another thing to consider is that you are his rebound.

thelittleredpoodle
    Participant
    October 9, 2015 at 4:04 pm #86751

Perhaps the best thing I can think of is to talk to him in person. In my opinion, it’s better to ask and be direct rather than torture yourself trying to figure what’s going in his head.