Should I contact him?!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I contact him?!

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 2:35 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

wellthisishappening
    Participant
    May 12, 2014 at 12:30 am #52621
    Should I contact him?!

So I met a guy on a trip with my college. I thought he liked me, but I tend to need to be 100% sure someone likes me before I let down my walls. We were also in the same condo, so I didn’t want to get in a potentially awkward situation. So nothing really happened besides innocent flirting. He’d jokingly say things like we should cuddle, go on a date, etc. I never got his number because we were always together anyways on the trip. After the trip we added each other on fb and he started liking my posts. So I started liking his. We sound like we’re in 3rd grade. 3 months later he fb messages my best friend asking if I am single. Then never did anything about it and I never run into him on campus. It’s been a month since that happened and I think I like him, I’m also positive he has no idea what my feelings are towards him because I’m very good at not putting myself in a vulnerable situation. I’m considering just messaging him and asking is he’s ever going to ask for my number?

bigtuna49
    bigtuna49
    Participant
    May 13, 2014 at 4:02 pm #52769

Yes, I would definitely message him and ask him that.. what do you have to lose if you never see him on campus anyways?

He is definitely interested, but probably just as hesitant as you are.

Kobrun
    Participant
    May 13, 2014 at 7:53 pm #52798

Of course contact him. If you are good at hiding your feelings, he probably thinks you’re not interested. And I wouldn’t contact him and ask him if he’s going to ask for your number. Sounds like you’re always looking to maintain the upper hand. Send him a message saying something like “let’s talk … send me your phone number.” Trust me … I’m a guy … a way older guy but a guy nonetheless. He’ll call. He likes you. Take a chance.

kevin2918
    Participant
    May 19, 2014 at 11:56 am #53155

Please dont.. Let him do the chase

skzaman
    Participant
    May 20, 2014 at 6:40 am #53275

Yes, definitely you need to move on first. Otherwise you may be late.

coveted
    Participant
    May 21, 2014 at 4:23 am #53368

I’m a firm believer of the treasure never does the chase but in your case, you win some you lose some.

SeVenSoldiers
    Participant
    May 21, 2014 at 12:41 pm #53409

I think contacting him would be smooth. You can still let him chase you, but by contacting him in some way you’ll let him know it’s worth pursuing.
    You don’t have anything to lose 😉

confusedgirlhere
    Participant
    May 27, 2014 at 8:43 am #53714

People always have their options open. Like I’m sure you don’t think he’s the only guy compatible with you. Tomorrow he might hook up with another girl maybe you never know. You have to contact him. Definitely don’t freak him out by asking him if he’ll ask you for your number. Just start a conversation.

Maybe if you remember something he’s into you could ask for help/info so that even if nothing happens you won’t feel “rejected”

I once started dating a guy by asking if I could volunteer for a charity he works and we talked for an entire volunteer shift. These things developed but a great catalyst would be to ask him out and specify it’s a date if you are a risk taker. Lol

confusedgirlhere
    Participant
    May 27, 2014 at 8:43 am #53715

People always have their options open. Like I’m sure you don’t think he’s the only guy compatible with you. Tomorrow he might hook up with another girl maybe you never know. You have to contact him. Definitely don’t freak him out by asking him if he’ll ask you for your number. Just start a conversation.

Maybe if you remember something he’s into you could ask for help/info so that even if nothing happens you won’t feel “rejected”

I once started dating a guy by asking if I could volunteer (for volunteer hours for school which was made up) for a charity he works at and we talked for an entire volunteer shift.

These things take time but a great catalyst would be to ask him out and specify it’s a date if you are a risk taker. Lol

sadavid
    sadavid
    Participant
    May 27, 2014 at 3:56 pm #53851
    Reply To: Should I contact him?!

There is no harm in contacting him. If he’s interested, a simple “Hi. How are you?” would be sufficient. And just because you contact him first doesn’t mean you are doing the “chasing.” …Heck, why can’t us women do the chasing we have every right to go after the things we want?

P.S. If you really like him, & you don’t contact him, and he ends up not contacting you, you’ll be living with the “what if…?” and that’s a horrible feeling.

Good Luck

cchld72
    Participant
    May 27, 2014 at 7:34 pm #53905

I would just message him asking how he’s doing. Don’t bring up anything. Just show him you’re interested and occassionallu send him messages or call him. He may not think you like him.

lovelyem
    lovelyem
    Participant
    June 3, 2014 at 12:24 am #54289

Just start casually talking to him.. like send him a “hey :)” and just talk normal.

Stardust
    Participant
    June 3, 2014 at 11:31 am #54342

Do it! It might get the wheels turning in his head.