What does an ugly guy need to do to get attention?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:55 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

gufestus
    Participant
    February 24, 2017 at 8:50 am #128097

So I’m not good looking by traditional standards. And it has always affected my dating life. I’ve tried to ignore it but girls won’t even look at me twice. What are some tips for an ugly guy like me?

alipson
    Participant
    February 24, 2017 at 12:00 pm #128159

First, i would say that being “ugly” is down to a person’s perference so i wouldbt be too hard on yourself, also i think the older you get the less appearance matters when dating. I think as long as you are comfortable with yourself and appear confident then you’ll be much more attractive to girls

person123
    Participant
    February 24, 2017 at 5:14 pm #128284

Honestly, personality is more attractive. Don’t be too down on yourself.

F1end
    F1end
    Participant
    February 24, 2017 at 5:21 pm #128289

Looks are very simple for a man to achieve.

Just go to the gym, and dedicate your workouts to achieving muscle-mass. The bigger, the better.

My cousin is ugly as sin, and never got any girls growing up. He trained to get a good body, and now has girls throwing themselves at him.

exff22
    Participant
    February 27, 2017 at 9:01 am #128306

I can relate. I have to somewhat disagree with the comment that “the older you get the less looks matter”. I’m single after a very long tem marriage and girls on dating sites judge you first and foremost by your pictures. I’ve chatted with women many many times and they say they like me and then we exchange pictures and they disappear because I don’t meet their standards. And I don’t think I’m ugly. I’m not overweight. I’ve been told I’m a great catch. But it happens to me a lot.

Confidence. That’s what attracts women. Not cocky-ness. Confidence. Be nice but not needy. That’s why you see beautiful women with ugly dudes. I’ve never had much self-confidence but I’ve been working on it. And my appearance by losing weight and toning up.

Good luck.

GloriaS
    Participant
    February 28, 2017 at 6:48 am #128459

Sense of humour and being your own man! having morals and a strong personality.
    Pursuing your passions and withdrawing if a situation is not working out.
    I would say confidence is important, but more important pride in who you are.
    Good luck!

nadiab
    Participant
    February 28, 2017 at 9:52 am #128473

Everyone see beauty differently. So you may appear ugly to some but attractive to others. As a woman who grew up thinking physical attraction was extremely important, I realized it was not. Yes, it is great to have but if someone has a rather horrible personality, it just sucks. As a woman, I find a guy with a great sense of humor and intelligence very attractive. I don’t enjoy small talk, so I would want someone I could have deep conversations with. Most important of all, be yourself.

alabamadan
    Participant
    February 28, 2017 at 6:11 pm #128587

First I would stop calling myself ugly. the more you hear it the more you feel it and the girls can sense it too.. Think about your good qualities, how much you can offer to a girlfriend and what makes you so special.. your dance moves? your sweetness, you cook? whatever it is.. and carry that with you with pride when you are around girls.. looks are really not everything..

TIlesmith
    Participant
    March 4, 2017 at 9:59 am #129077

Alright, the answer is really simple….
    Girls will like you if you are a bad boy… Not a bad boy? Ok, do you play guitar? If not, learn to. There was a study showing the guitarist have more luck picking up the ladies.
    But you wanna know the biggest thing? Your aura. What I mean by that is your energy, are you fun to be with? Now you dont have to change who you are BUT I would suggest that you get exited about life, focus on all the things that are right in your life, you family? Friends? All the good things, focus on those. I personally listen to a lot of a motivation speaker called Tony Robbins, look him up. Try something called his hour of power. If its for you and you embrace how great everything is in your life, then your mind and body will change to it! Pretty soon, people, not just girls! Will want to hang around you. That sounds like a marketing thing, so if its not for you, just get happy and exited about your life

Hope this helps in some way friend, go get em!