What does he mean?! Guys, a little insight

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:27 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

wanderings0ul13
    Participant
    February 28, 2016 at 8:45 pm #94564

So, I was “dating” a resident surgeon for a while in the summer. I had to stop talking to him because it didn’t seem like the relationship was going anywhere serious. The communication started fading & he stopped trying like he used to. This was starting to hurt me so I cut my losses & walked away. Blocked his number & everything so that I wouldn’t have to wait up for him or be disappointed by the lack of effort.

FFWD to 2 months later, in weakness, I texted him. Just to let him know that I was watching a video on a website we used to go on together and that I thought of him. He replied “hey, just wanted to let you know that site is still my second most frequented page after your Facebook”. This threw me for a surprise. I replied and he never replied back.

continued….

wanderings0ul13
    Participant
    February 28, 2016 at 8:49 pm #94565

FFWD again to about a month later. Again, I reach out to him to let him know that I’d be moving out of state… And that i wanted to see him before I left. He agreed. But by the time he reached out to make plans with me, it was too late. (BTW, i don’t know if he did this on purpose, because i told him when i’d be taking off, so he should have known. maybe he just wanted to pretend to reach out, who knows). Instead of hanging out though he called me.

We talked on the phone. Caught up. Asked me a lot of questions about why I was moving. Joked around. It was surprisingly easy. But at the end of our phone conversation, he said something that I really cannot interpret. He said: “If i’m ever in your area, pencil me in. I’ll definitely contact you. I just hope you aren’t married with kids by then.”

My questions is, are his words just game? Does he just want to string me along with minimal effort? Is this something a guy would say if he WASNT interested in someone? Any insight?

djames
    djames
    Participant
    February 28, 2016 at 10:30 pm #94566

Yes he just wants to string you along with minimal effort. He’s trying to hook up if he’s in town at his convenience. He doesn’t plan on turning that into a relationship or discontinue dating where you currently live. He’s interested sexually, but in a way that most men are attracted to most women sexually.