What does he think of me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:23 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

suzyq8867
    Participant
    September 26, 2017 at 12:02 am #150320

So I met this guy at a bar 3 years ago. We exchanged numbers but never went on a date. Every time either one of us has tried to get together the other has been in a relationship. So our timing has been bad. So right now we are both single so I asked him to a chairity event I have tickets to here is the text dialogue let me know what you think!

suzyq8867
    Participant
    September 26, 2017 at 12:05 am #150321

Me:Hey so I have tickets to a charity event this Thursday night at 6:00. My friend Lindsay is going and so is her boyfriend (guy he knows). Would you like to come with me?
    Him:I worked with Him at Facebook project . Unfortunately I’ll be in ____ for law enforcement drug class and I dnt get out till 5:00 and it’s a hour and 30 minutes for me to get back
    Me:That’s fine if you’re late I won’t be able to get there until 7-7:30 because I work until 6
    Him:What do you have to wear
    Me:I’m going to wear just a dress and heels. But it’s really casual. Just like a polo and khakis
    Him: Where is it
    Me:It’s the — if you want to look it up. I went last year and it was so fun
    It’s at the ___
    Him: he asked if it was where we live
    Me: yeah
    Food and drinks and a band. Everything is included.
    Him:I have class all week I’ll keep you posted on how long it takes me to get back
    Me:Okay. It’s until 10:00 so there is no set time on when you have to get there

And that was it.

Ali
    Participant
    September 26, 2017 at 11:02 pm #150501

To me, it sounds like he isn’t very interested, because I normally tell the person I’ll get back to them and see if I can go out….but tell them no soon after.

piscean
    Participant
    September 29, 2017 at 6:58 am #150852

Did he go? If not, based on the convo, it sounds like he might not be interested. If he were, he’d let you know some way like, “I wish I could!” or suggesting something else when he’s free. His loss!

triciamint
    triciamint
    Participant
    September 29, 2017 at 10:20 am #150854

Just don’t expect anything. If he was really interested, he’d find a way or at least try to make it up to you. Doesn’t sound like he’s interested but I could be wrong. For your sake, it’s best to not expect. If he doesn’t make it, you were right all along. If he does go, then it’s a wonderful surprise.

HollyCasting
    Participant
    September 29, 2017 at 12:32 pm #150916

I don’t think it is what he thinks of you – he has a class when you have that sort of commitment that also includes a long journey afterwards often you just anticipate your tiredness and are hesitant to commit to anything else. Say you are interested in meeting up when he isn’t busy and see if he suggests something. If he doesn’t he’s not interested and it’s not worth your time.

Trariza
    Participant
    September 29, 2017 at 2:31 pm #150943

Maybe he thinks of you and friend level. He doesn’t sound to interested on a dating level.