What does he want?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What does he want?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:22 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

minecraftluver6
    Participant
    May 5, 2017 at 1:31 am #135469
    What does he want?

I’m going to separate this so it’s easier to follow.
    —First off:
    this is about a guy I’m getting really mixed signals from, and I want to know if he’s genuinely sees me as girlfriend material, or if he just wants sex. He’s sort of a party dude, always out late, and super athletic. He’s considered universally popular and attractive.
    —What happened:
    I met this guy from my theatre program. We were in the same show together and we hung out a lot at the cast party. We played water pong on the same team and supersmashbros sitting side by side. We’re now BFFs on snapchat (we have been for a month). We talk about a lot of stuff, and he asked how far I’ve made it with a guy. I told him that my first kiss was a stage kiss in the play we were in together.
    Fast forward to a week and a half ago: I snuck out of my house and met up with him in the park. We ended up making out that night. He was really touchy and kept saying he couldn’t believe i was so innocent. Idk what any of this means..

minecraftluver6
    Participant
    May 5, 2017 at 1:36 am #135470

Adding more:
    He tends to be a pretty indecisive guy. I asked him what he wanted this to mean, and he was like “what do you *want* this to mean”? I said “Idk. Are we going to label ourselves as bf and gf or what…?” He pointed out that we’re both super busy (because we legit don’t get home from extracurriculars until at least 7:30 every night) and that we could wait until summer to have more time and “get serious”?
    I’m really nervous about the whole thing.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    May 5, 2017 at 11:54 am #135505

To be more helpful and direct to your specific concerns – what are you nervous about?

At face value – and you have to take us guys a bit literally b/c that’s how we’re wired (i’ll explain later) – it sounds like he feels you and he (or just he) doesn’t have enough time to get into anything serious right now. But once summer comes then you can figure it out. (just like he said).

Here’s a little secret that the ealier you learn the better. Guys and Girls are wired VERY differnetly. Guys are rather direct, logical. Females are very indirrect and live on the edge of “nuance” and “symbollic meaning”. This causes tons of misunderstandings between the two.

Guys are direct. So they take what females say at face value. The problem is females never say anything directly and only hint at it – so guys are alwyas off on what they think a girl meant. Girls are very indirect and “hint” a lot. So they take what guys say as if we only ‘hint” when we just mean what we exactly said.