what does he want from me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 3:15 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Cami
    Participant
    April 16, 2015 at 4:37 pm #77413

Dave and I started seeing each other and had great emotional and physical connection:he invited me for dinner for his Dad’s birthday, introduced me to his friends etc. Suddenly, his ex found out about us and suddenly wanted him back. Drama on her part ensued and he went back to her. Needless to say, they broke it off again within a month and now she is seeing one of his friends after sleeping with 3 more, and he was super hurt. He and I stayed friends and he poured out his heart to me and me to him by text. He said he had made a mistake by choosing his ex over me. We still text daily and still have a strong and obvious attraction- everyone notices it when we wind up at the same party. He looks at me all the time, winks etc. He says all the time that we should hang out, but he never actually makes plans to. He tells me I’m different than other girls to him but that he does not want a girlfriend . I have feelings for him though- do I tell him I am moving on or give him time?

Nodame
    Participant
    April 16, 2015 at 5:20 pm #77422

I think Dave needs time to completely get over his ex. He’s on the rebound right now. I think you should date other people and try to forget about him as much as possible. I have been there, done that. I know it’s hard, but trust me it eventually works.

Cami
    Participant
    April 16, 2015 at 5:45 pm #77432

Thanks so much I appreciate the advice!!! He says he is, but obviously, I am not so sure:)

Mkc1114
    Participant
    April 16, 2015 at 9:22 pm #77438

I would move on. He’s not emotionally ready. You will just be causing yourself pain if you don’t. I also think that once he heals emotionally, he will have more respect for you if you do move on. Hope everything works out for you!

~K

jasminem143
    jasminem143
    Participant
    April 17, 2015 at 8:27 am #77426

You need to cut ties completely. Out of sight out of mind. He will continue to ping pong as you allow. He has no reason to change because you have given him free reign over your emotions. Try blocking him if you can’t ignore the messages. Truthfully absence can make the heart go fonder. I will not go so far as to say it DOES make the heart grow fonder because if that were the case, as of right now you and he would have had set plans. Let him go, if he comes back…then you’ll know

Cami
    Participant
    April 17, 2015 at 8:27 am #77433

BTW, how did it ” work out” for you? Meet a better guy? Or did your rebound guy finally come around?

Cami
    Participant
    April 17, 2015 at 8:27 am #77443

Aww thank you K. It seems unanimous then, so that’s what I will do. Funny how throwing it out there made the answer a lot clearer!

Lily
    Participant
    April 27, 2015 at 4:35 pm #77933

Its best to leave someone who bounces between people like that be.

Sorsha
    Sorsha
    Participant
    May 1, 2015 at 12:32 am #78231

As Madonna says in one of her songa: Don’t go for second best! please love yourself and don’t settle for less. You deserve more.
    You have no garbage, he does. So I think it would be 100% healthier for your heart to step away.