What does his silence mean?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:45 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

caligurl_92
    Participant
    March 29, 2016 at 9:17 pm #96745

I went out with a friend of mine. We’ve known each other for ten years and were in the same class before. We are “class friends”. I think we both had crushes on each other, but we didn’t pursue it back then.

So now many years later, we met up and had a first date. It was great and at the end he kissed me passionately. He asked me about sex before marriage, since he knows i’m a christian. I just told him I take things slow. He asked, so you’re not a first date kinda girl? I told him no. He said he’d be open to it. We left it at that and he just put his arms around me and sighed that he could fall asleep like this. It was sweet.
    He told me that he hadn’t gone fast like this in 5-6 years. That’s when he had his last relationship lasted one year (so he seems like a serious guy?). He also revealed that he was already thinking of us in the future as a couple.

Here’s the problem: During the first date I asked him when i would see him next time, and he said next week.
    So next week arrive

caligurl_92
    Participant
    March 29, 2016 at 9:18 pm #96746

arrived and i sent him a text, but he was too busy in the beginning of the weeks with school and work, which i understand. He told me maybe at the end the week instead. So later on I sent him a text about the weekend, but then again he was too busy. He said no to both days I suggested. He gave me a call explaining that it didn t work out and that he felt bad. He had to go away on a trip for a week to help his family, he couldn’t say no to that.
    And i just told him to let me know when he’s back.

It’s gone a week since he should be home and I haven’t heard anything from him. I’ve left the situation and haven’t contacted him. Seeing that I initiated all communication after the first date. and I wanted him to start talking to me.

What should I think of this? If a guy is extremely in to you and then doesn’t even check in to say hi..
    Haven’t heard from him in 2 weeks and 1 month ago since I saw him. It shouldn’t take that long to write a text and a person would find time for you

anoncandy_
    Participant
    March 30, 2016 at 12:41 am #96754

I’m just speculating, but he COULD have been just looking for only the sexual aspects of a relationship. When he saw he had to work for it, he may have given up and went on a search for something easier to catch. If that’s the case, don’t let it get you down, there are plenty of other people out there who will value your decision on not putting out on the first date. It’s a good quality to have.

caligurl_92
    Participant
    March 30, 2016 at 9:04 am #96747

even if they are ‘busy’…

If he’s not into me then he was definitely giving me mixed signals. He was wanting sex but at the same time talking about something serious in the future..

You don’t think that he’s waiting for me to write to him? I feel like I’ve done a lot of initiating..
    What does this silence mean?

I want to ask him about it in some wise way, but at the same time I don’t want to lower my standards to initiate communication again when i’ve given it a good effort. I am worth pursuing

coldturkey
    Participant
    March 30, 2016 at 1:30 pm #96839

Like the other person stated…he was hoping that he could have sex with you on the 1st date….when he realized that it will not happen….he’s on to someone easier…Forget about him.No one is too busy to return a quick text or e-mail for that matter…..You deserve better. Also when he does decide to text you again…tell him off and that you didn’t appreciate being treated that way….

abbmar
    Participant
    March 31, 2016 at 3:47 pm #96896

It’s sound to me as if he wanted to have sex with you on the first date and has lost interest. I’d forget about him and move on – but I realize that’s easier said than done.

midwestcaliguy
    Participant
    April 3, 2016 at 12:40 am #96965

you should be proud and not wanting a guy that wants to bag date 1. some guy will earn and learn