What does it mean if a girl avoids eyes contact?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:27 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sindu5673
    Participant
    May 22, 2015 at 12:34 am #79549

I met this girl at my new job. Look wise she is nothing to stop the party for but decent looking and I somehow I got curious about her. I don’t work directly with her so I began interact with her saying “good morning” when I would bump into her. Later on she talked to me a couple times for something work-related, after that she said “hi” to me when running into me which led to think that a connection was starting to build but she started displaying weird behavior. Whenever I bump into her around the office, rather of saying hi she just looks away avoiding making eye contact. I can sense she feels awkward or uncomfortable. I don’t understand why, I don’t look nor ever acted creepy around her. When running into coworkers male or female I usually exchange of eye contact, smile, or a “hello”.
    I heard from coworkers that she is religious and is half asian. It’s interesting to notice that she doesn’t fail to make eye contact, but actively avoids it. Why do think she avoids eye contact?

Allende
    Participant
    May 22, 2015 at 12:45 am #79550

It could mean she is shy.

nycgirl
    Participant
    May 22, 2015 at 2:18 pm #79575

It really depends on a person t could be anything from shyness to autism. You’ll have to get to know her better to figure it out.

sports_fan2015
    Participant
    May 23, 2015 at 11:23 am #79660

It could be that shes shy.

Anonymous
    September 4, 2015 at 4:18 pm #85129

Meet Sexy Asian Singles For 100% FREE!!
    Meet your Asian Dream girl at Asian Dating Connection for FREE! No credit card required!
    We are a Global Dating Site with gorgeous women from every part of Asia. Find dates, romantic relationships or your future significant other. Asian women are some of the most beautiful women in the world. Whether you are young, old, Christian, Jewish, Asian Dating Connection has a beautiful Asian waiting for you!

Visit and Like us on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Asian-Dating-Connection/466871676785981

Blueocean
    Participant
    September 5, 2015 at 4:12 am #85141

She could be shy when people are around. Observe how she speaks, maintains eye contact when not many people are around.

GS17
    Participant
    September 5, 2015 at 10:35 am #85143

1) She doesn’t know how to handle it and is nervous
    2)She really doesn’t want to talk to you and is not interested