What does she mean by be more romantic and be more aggressive?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:27 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

shorething56
    Participant
    February 3, 2014 at 11:03 pm #47137

I’ve been seeing this girl for over a year and it seems like we are a couple but she keeps just enough distance where I can’t tell what she really wants. We go out on dates, we exchange gifts on holidays and birthdays, I rub her feet she cooks me dinner but she has made comments to me like why can’t I be more romantic? We rarely if ever have sex and she says she wants me to make the first move but she makes it very difficult to make the first move without me feeling like a creep or a sleeze. I never bake and I baked her a cake from scratch for her birthday, I cook for her even though I’m not great at it she loves when I do. I do all I can to help her feel more at ease but somehow that isn’t what she means by being romantic…help!

shorething56
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 5:53 pm #47138

Also trying to figure out if I’m in the friend zone with this girl or if she wants something more…I get such mixed signals from her, she will play it off and say she can’t “jump into a relationship right now” or get mad when I try to talk about our lack of intimacy but she’ll be right there texting me asking me to hangout wanting to spend time with me yada yada. The problem is I’m attracted to her so its tough to make a decision. I really would like for her to just either give in and just let her guard down and let us happen already or just stop texting me and talking to me all together…the grey area is driving me nuts!

George Reagan
    George Reagan
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 5:55 pm #47370

At every level of a relationship a woman wants to be romanced or seduced. I wonder if it is her that makes you feel like a “creep or sleaze” or if that is your own feelings? You have to fight through that.
    As for being romantic, make the effort to plan some really nice times for you and her. You can surprise her or let her know, but do the planning yourself – and pull it off.
    I think it’s great that you cook for her. Good job. Try to occasionally spice things up with candles or a nice bottle of wine. Good luck!