What does this mean?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What does this mean?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 6:12 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

pumpkin
    Participant
    December 24, 2014 at 6:05 pm #69596
    What does this mean?

I am openly lesbian at work&have a girlfriend. I am quite close to a married coworker (I will call her C). We all went out for a work party&she sat next to me all night; our bodies were touching side by side. At one point someone told a guy he was a bit effeminate at which point I jokingly said maybe I should butch up, being a lesbian. At this point C said she thought I was very pretty&that she found me sexy as I was the perfect mix of female and male &that if she wasn’t married then she would go for me.

I thought she was being nice but later when it was just me, C & another person, we were talking about relationships & C said she didn’t know if she was gay or straight as she was brought up religiously so she was taught it was wrong but she believes it’s about the person & not the gender. She then said again that if she wasn’t married she would go for me.i said don’t encourage me &she said she was too old for me.
    What would you think if the above was said to you?

InnerFire
    Participant
    December 26, 2014 at 4:10 am #69622

I would take it as a green light. She hinted it twice, one is not simply nice about the same thing for two different times, saying the same things. She first might have said it to let you know, then said it again to make sure you get the message. The line with “I’m too old for you” sounds to me like “You can’t possibly want me…can you ?”.