What If I'm a Plain Jane?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:41 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Nancyboy
    Participant
    January 13, 2015 at 8:56 pm #70531

Hi. I’m new here and have been looking in vain for an answer. There are tons of links about how to handle being a beautiful female or how to pursue a beautiful female. I’m 69 years old and am no beauty. I was married for 33 years and my husband loved me for who I am. I never wore makeup or had long flowing hair and he was fine with that. Since he passed away in 2011, I have been doing the “free” thing with a few dating sites and 90 percent of the men want a “a beautiful woman who is comfortable in jeans or an evening gown.” I have a difficult time believing that all of them came from previous relationships with beautiful women. I read an article in the Huffington Post by Judy Katz about moving on after losing the love of your life. She said “I would like to think that more of us can “pair up” if we are more realistic about who we are and who is out there for us at this stage our lives.” How can I be true to who I am, without being something I’m not, and attract a decent man?

crazed41
    Participant
    February 1, 2015 at 8:02 pm #72334

All you can do it stay true to who you are, and eventually someone who appreciates you for you will come along. You don’t have to change you.