What if this is as good as it gets?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 4:52 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

DownInAhole
    Participant
    June 30, 2017 at 1:45 pm #141159

So…I just turned 39. My last solid relationship was 13 years ago, ended after I was cheated on. I’ve never had the gift of gab…I’ve tried all the dating sites, I’ve tried personal approach. All the dates I’ve had in the past few years were from online, always getting rejected from the personal approach. I’ve had coaching on being confident, approachable, etc. I’m an introvert, so this is a challenge for me, but I do it. The last date I had was around this time a year ago. I promise you I’m not a phony, I’m honest and I am kind. I just feel as though I’m ready to give up and just live a single life. I don’t consider myself unattractive, but I’m definitely no athlete or model. I just don’t understand how it works these days, I guess. Does anyone else have this problem that it’s just seemingly impossible to even get a date these days? I am happy to take all advice and if it’s been tried, I’ll let you know…I’ve done this a long time. I’m just feel as though I grow tired.

omarqasem127
    Participant
    July 1, 2017 at 3:13 am #141217

You can but you must go out more . Maybe use some dating apps

yuyuotome
    yuyuotome
    Participant
    July 1, 2017 at 8:18 am #141219

You have to be patient and I think you have to go out more without the intention of meeting your soulmate, but instead finding new people. Enjoy your life, do the things you love the most, take care of yourself always; then if someone interesting shows up in your life it will be only a plus 😉

doxawinner
    doxawinner
    Participant
    July 1, 2017 at 1:59 pm #141222

maybe its time for you to get outta there, u know like try something new….

kindestlass
    kindestlass
    Participant
    July 3, 2017 at 10:02 am #141212

you just have to believe in yourself, you have to be grateful about the things you have now to attract more good things into your life. You can’t question the reasons why you couldn’t find your love by the age you have – instead of this, focus on the things that make u happy. Go out more, travel, talk to people, meet new faces and maybe – somewhere in between – you’ll find the love of your life.

love07
    Participant
    July 5, 2017 at 11:12 am #141286

Firstly you can’t give up. There is love out there for you. Secondly have a break from it all. Go do something you want to do, it’s time to be brave & get out of your comfort zone. Do that course you’ve always wanted to do, start a new hobby – surfing, running, painting, furniture making, dancing – whatever it is that makes you happy. Who knows who you might meet. Then tell everyone you looking to meet someone special. Tell your family, your friends, your co-workers & ask them if they know anyone they can set you up with – again it’s time to be brave & get out of your comfort zone. The next part write down what you do want, not what you don’t want. Everyone always pays attention to I don’t want a guy who does this or does that. Instead pay attention to positive qualities – being nice, being funny, etc. And then lastly try dating guys that you wouldn’t normally date.. they just might surprise you. But it’s all about being brave, letting go of being rejected & HAVING FUN. Good Luck.