What is he thinking?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What is he thinking?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:34 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Babsy
    Participant
    August 11, 2014 at 9:33 pm #59223
    What is he thinking?

Hi. I’m having a difficult time with a new guy. I met him online on one of the dating sites. We live about 8 hours away and I really wasn’t expecting anything to happen because of the distance. But we texted anyways and it’s been really good. We seem to have a lot in common and have talked/texted everyday for 8 days straight. We even talked about me going out there to visit him on my trip to see my parents, who live only 2 hours from him. He told me he was crazy about me and that he likes me. And I of course feel the same about him. But on day 9 he’s been silent. No text messages, nothing. Day 10 and still nothing. Should I worry? My feeling is that he’s busy or something or just taking a break. I don’t want to seem clingy or needy so I haven’t texted him. But I’m thinking that maybe I should text him and see what he’s thinking. Do you think that he’s changed his mind and just doesn’t want to tell me? Please please help!!!!!!!

Jessica24S
    Participant
    August 12, 2014 at 11:28 am #59263

Give him a few more days so you don’t look clingy. I have this issue too where you really like a guy but you don’t want to scare him away. After a few days (maybe make it so you didn’t talk for 4 days) just ask him how he’s doing and that you’ve missed him. Hopefully he says he’s missed you too 🙂

dpscow
    Participant
    August 13, 2014 at 2:41 pm #59350

He could’ve been leading you on. There was this one episode of catfish when this guy would talk to all of these girls online & tell them that he was crazy about them, and would then stop talking to them only because he was trying to “brush up on his game.”

That’s only a possibility though, just try not to overanalyze it. Maybe he just didn’t know how to make it work since you guys live eight hours away

Leonardo Bustos
    Leonardo Bustos
    Participant
    August 13, 2014 at 8:39 pm #59432

Jerry Seinfeld once asked the women in the audience if they really wanted to know what men were thinking. The answer? Nothing…..absolutely nothing.

Let me ask you something – have you talked to him yet? Someone mentioned about catfishing, and that’s been known to happen. Here’s a few possibilities:

1. Catfishing or He is a she
    2. He died or he’s in the hospital
    3. He’s married and his wife found out
    4. He’s going through a major crisis
    5. He’s a secret agent and he’s incommunicado in the Middle East somewhere
    6. He’s been on a drug/alcohol binge
    7. He’s in rehab
    8. He didn’t pay his internet/electricity bill
    9. His computer/phone crashed or got stolen
    10 He’s found someone else

Maybe he’s taking a break thinking about nothing. I tell all my clients that before they get too involved with someone, talk to them on the phone or better yet Skype or do a video chat to see if the person actually exists.

I’ve got more but I only have a few characters lef