What is he thinking?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

What is he thinking?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 10:47 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

SavO
    Participant
    May 28, 2015 at 3:46 am #79810
    What is he thinking?

Here’s the back story I posted the other day: “Okay, I am so confused!! I met this guy at a bar, and we talked all night. He asked me to go out to different places twice that week. We went out to eat and a live music show. He hasn’t paid for anything, which he really doesn’t have a whole lot of money right now. Anyway, one night he allowed me to stay with him and we didn’t kiss or have sex, but he cuddled with me all night in his bed. The following week we went out once. We went to a movie and out to eat. Once again he didn’t pay, but I guess that’s understandable. We went back to his apartment for a bit, he walked me to my car, and he kissed me, and it wasn’t like it was a bad kiss. We have always texted constantly, and he still continues to text me what are you doing, etc, but it’s been a week since I’ve saw him. He did go out of town for the weekend, and I asked him to hang but he said he was too tired. Well, I asked him this week to put some parts on my car, which he said he would

SavO
    Participant
    May 28, 2015 at 3:49 am #79811

but nothing about hanging out. I am so confused. He’s really sweet and it really seems like he likes me, or so I thought. What’s going on? What should I do?”

So here’s the update: Today he put the parts on the car and we ended up watching a movie at his place. No kissing, no cuddling. I found out he has court tomorrow for a second dui and will likely be placed on house arrest for 6 months. So after we said our goodbyes I texted later and said do you want to keep this as a friendship or eventually move on because I don’t know whether to hug or kiss you lol. It’s confusing.  He replied sorry didn’t mean to confuse you… with me going on house arrest and everything I Think it’s best if we just stay friends for now. What should I make of this? Is he interested but doesn’t want to keep me locked down with him on house arrest because he said “for now” or is it just a way to say he’s not interested?

timebinder
    timebinder
    Participant
    June 8, 2015 at 7:12 am #80385

can’t tell what his intentions are, but here’s how to have the best opportunity of there ever being anything between you.

date other girls in the mean time.

then when he’s available, he’ll see you as something to conquer.

And men like to conquer their prize.

southernbelle
    Participant
    June 11, 2015 at 8:16 pm #80708

ignore what timebinder told you.
    Just going off what you told us in your post, he doesn’t sound like he has all his stuff together. He is going on house arrest for his second DUI?!?!?! Girl, move on. You can find so many other guys out there who will pay for the date, and make you important in their lives without having a criminal background.

allisonh1
    Participant
    June 12, 2015 at 11:53 am #80773

Southernbelle is absolutely correct– this guy does not have any of his own life together it sounds like. He should absolutely have himself and his issues figured out before venturing into dating and before you get too involved in it.